• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sam Hartman

Why is that?

Personally, I don’t think Sam is an ideal NFL backup. Successful NFL backups tend to fall into 2 categories, low ceiling- high floor game management types and unpolished raw prospects who could use a couple seasons of coaching.

Sam doesn’t appear to be either. Sam has had too many multiple interception games where the loss was on him and he was unable to get out of his own way. Sam is also a polished passer with solid mechanics who may have reached his ceiling in terms of potential. While this season at Notre Dame did assist him with national exposure, I didn’t see it endearing him to NFL scouts. This may be due in part to the coordinator change that happened after he arrived, as well as the lack of NFL caliber offensive weapons at Notre Dame.

Since fewer teams are keeping a 3rd QB active, I see Sam more likely to have a career on several different practice squads.

John Wolford has proven himself to be a coach’s best in the quarterback room and has been able to have a career based on that. Maybe Sam could potentially follow a similar path but I haven’t heard too much about Sam being that type of student of the game outside of generic platitudes.

Sam is relatively accurate and mobile and SF doesn't expect the QB to overexert themselves, more just managers of the game. I think he can fit in that role nicely with all of his experience. typically his Ints come when he tried to do too much. SF loves the short passes and let their playmakers to work.

I think Hartman could convince a front office they could fix him or that he’d be less likely to combust finishing out a game or in one or two starts.

I thought he wasn’t a big fan of interviews, etc. Am I misremembering? If so I don’t know that announcer work would be his thing.

I thought he wasn’t a big fan of interviews, etc. Am I misremembering? If so I don’t know that announcer work would be his thing.

He was mic'd up during a good portion of our Spring 2022 spring game while standing next to Clawson and sounded very comfortable and natural. Maybe he's good at faking.

He was mic'd up during a good portion of our Spring 2022 spring game while standing next to Clawson and sounded very comfortable and natural. Maybe he's good at faking.
There is a difference between being interviewed and providing commentary on a game. You can do a lot of pre-game preparation before doing commentary. It is much more difficult to prep for interview questions.

There is a difference between being interviewed and providing commentary on a game. You can do a lot of pre-game preparation before doing commentary. It is much more difficult to prep for interview questions.

I think I kind of get this. I was just making a casual observation.

Didn’t he also do one of those QB1 shows? I don’t watch them, so I might be remembering someone else.

Just seems impossible he avoids being The Bachelor.

Wonder if he feels different about asking questions and getting paid than answering for free.

Addendum

And he’s a future Bachelor unless he gets wifed up.

Addendum

And he’s a future Bachelor unless he gets wifed up.

Not a woman alive in his age demo that wouldn’t keep her head low to claim to marry The Bachelor. Instant cred for the content creation influencer #grind.

Not just in his age demo.

Just seems impossible he avoids being The Bachelor.

Wonder if he feels different about asking questions than answering.
The only reason I disagree is I've always heard Momma Hartman is vehemently against that ever happening.

Back