• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sam Hartman

I'm going with no as well. Arm strength isn't great. I think he realizes that, hence the smart move for that ND NIL $$ - probably making 7-10x the $$ he'd make on an NFL PS. Count me in that crowd that appreciates everything he did for us and completely understanding the ND move. I've always hated ND, but I like their new coach and kinda wish him and Sam well this year. I can go back to hating them next year.
I used to like Tom Landry, Roger Staubach and Tony Dorsett, but I was a Skin fan, so I still hated the Cowboys.

Nobody’s ever taken a new job for more pay after feeling that they had reached their peak at their current employer?

There has been no indicator at all that Sam left Wake on bad terms. When he was here his teammates seemed to love him. I don't see any reason why I should be pulling against him now. Hope he kicks ass at ND.

Clawson has been very candid that there were no hard feelings when Sam left for nd as he had been at Wake for 5 years.

Still.... I hope we kick his ass in November!

Kendall Hinton has thrown regular season NFL passes. Not counting him out yet.

I mean, will there be another global pandemic? Then yes, Sam has an excellent chance at throwing an official NFL pass. Otherwise he’ll probably just have a little preseason glory, would be my guess.

I’m a fan of Sam. Had his flaws but giving us reason to get #Hartman4Heisman going was undeniably pretty magical. The thing I love most about him was his competitiveness mixed with sportsmanship. He was out there to ball, but always patted his opponent on the helmet after a good play. The Timmy D reverse psychology approach.

I love Hartman and will always pull for him except against us this season. That being said, I don't believe Clawson tried very hard to get Sam to stay at Wake another year, despite having a great relationship with him. Clawson seems to be very confident in Griffis and it would make sense that he didn't want to risk losing him if Sam stayed another year. He would rather have, potentially, 3 years of a Griffis than one more year of Sam. Just my opinion.

I love Hartman and will always pull for him except against us this season. That being said, I don't believe Clawson tried very hard to get Sam to stay at Wake another year, despite having a great relationship with him. Clawson seems to be very confident in Griffis and it would make sense that he didn't want to risk losing him if Sam stayed another year. He would rather have, potentially, 3 years of a Griffis than one more year of Sam. Just my opinion.
Agree and think that was the right approach.

My minor displeasure with Sam is that he went to a school that Wake plays this season. I would have preferred he not go to any of the 12 schools on Wake's 2023 football schedule.

Does Sam Hartman ever throw a pass in an NFL regular season game?
Interesting to think about: At the time they left Wake, which of Newman, Hinton and Wolford would you have bet to throw a pass in an NFL regular season game?

Interesting to think about: At the time they left Wake, which of Newman, Hinton and Wolford would you have bet to throw a pass in an NFL regular season game?
I think he'll throw passes in the NFL because a starter is either hurt or he's doing clean up duty in a blowout.

Who was the dude who drove to subway on the quad? I was convinced that dude was going to be a stud.

Back