• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

San Diego

SkinsNDeacs

Reaction score
I am sure this is a Haas thread but...

The wife and I are headed to San Diego next week (a work conference for her...I am tagging along). We will have a couple of nights free; what should we do? We are already going to a Padres game (playing the Nats ironically) but are looking for other ideas. Restaurants? Must do activities?

Stay in Gaslamp, should be able to figure it out pretty easily from there. Tons of bars/restaurants within a few blocks.

10 years ago I might have...I am too old and I don't want to die from a stray bullet.

Gas Lamp before/after a Padres game is key.

Old Town for Mexican is really good.

Loved Stone Brewery restaurant. Awesome place.

We actually hiked out in the desert and actually hiked to an Oasis. It was one of the cooler things I've ever done. If thats your thing, let me know I can get you more details.

The best burger and shake in town is Hodad's...ask Deaconbrews......he said it was one of the best burgers he's ever had. http://hodadies.com/home/

Cheap, good breakfast at the beach Kono's

The Brigantine next to Del Mar race track....eat there...take a walk on the beach....http://www.brigantine.com/brigantine_seafood/location_delmar.html

Mission Beach has lots of bars.

Lots of places in La Jolla. Cody's has great views and is on the beach. For a fancy dinner-George's at the Cove. http://www.georgesatthecove.com/

If you like tequila there's El Callejon on PCH in Encinitas that has several hundred kinds and amazing homemade salsa.

Under no circumstances go to TJ. It's disgusting and very dangerous if you make one wrong turn.

By the way, the water is fucking freezing. Don't be a hero and go swimming. You will be shrunk long after the plane sets back down at Dulles.

If you want delicious TJ tacos, you have to cross the border....

If you are in Mission Beach, stop in the Sandbar and ask for Kevin. He's the manager. Tell him Rick, his dad's friend from HB told you to stop in.

10 years ago I might have...I am too old and I don't want to die from a stray bullet.

TJ is pretty bad these days.

George's in La Jolla is an amazing restuarant. Great steaks and it overlooks the Ocean. Poseidon in Del Mar is amazing as well. Del Mar is fun since it has horse racing and hot air balloons. Rockin Baja in Gas Lamp is also good.

Tiger, you know Skins would nake a wrong turn and end up the opening act to the donkey in TJ.

Does South Beach Bar & Grill still have the best fish tacos?

Tiger drop me a line with your email to that thing you wanted to do.

Diego gives awesome recs. For Breakfast, check out the Tractor Room or Hash House a go go right across from it.

Hodad's is incredible. Went to CA wanting to try In-And-Out and came back singing the praises of Hodad's. GO.

George's in La Jolla has the best fish tacos I have ever had (and I did research out there and tried 5 of the best places).

I like Blue Water Seafood Market & Grill (on India street) for fish tacos.

Nice.....going to San Diego this Thursday for 5 nights, so this thread is quite timely. Staying at a condo in Pacific Beach by Crystal Pier...is this good or bad?

We actually hiked out in the desert and actually hiked to an Oasis. It was one of the cooler things I've ever done. If thats your thing, let me know I can get you more details.

This sounds interesting, and I'd love some more details if possible....thx

Nice.....going to San Diego this Thursday for 5 nights, so this thread is quite timely. Staying at a condo in Pacific Beach by Crystal Pier...is this good or bad?

Ask someone. there's a restaurant in Pacific Beach/Mission Beach that will pick you up at your condo in a golf cart to bring you to dinner. then after dinner they will take you to other bars and back to your condo for tips.

Ask someone. there's a restaurant in Pacific Beach/Mission Beach that will pick you up at your condo in a golf cart to bring you to dinner. then after dinner they will take you to other bars and back to your condo for tips.

Nice...thanks for the tip. Is it a good idea to rent a car, or is it just easier to walk to most places in that area and then use public transportation when needed? Staying right at Crystal Pier/Ocean Blvd and will be there for 5 days.

Back