• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

San Diego

Diego gives awesome recs. For Breakfast, check out the Tractor Room or Hash House a go go right across from it.

Hodad's is incredible. Went to CA wanting to try In-And-Out and came back singing the praises of Hodad's. GO.

George's in La Jolla has the best fish tacos I have ever had (and I did research out there and tried 5 of the best places).

I went to the tractor room for dinner. It was good but not awesome. Agree that George's rocks. If you are in the mood for BBQ, Phil's is awesome. Yeah. Good BBQ in San Diego. Heads up that they are closed on Mondays.

Nice...thanks for the tip. Is it a good idea to rent a car, or is it just easier to walk to most places in that area and then use public transportation when needed? Staying right at Crystal Pier/Ocean Blvd and will be there for 5 days.

You can take the train from downtown to Solana Beach(about 20 minutes). Take a short cab ride to the Brigantine and a walk on Del Mar beach. If you like the ponies, you can bet them at Del Mar.

At this time of year, the beach will be very empty. The water is brutally cold.

If you have a full day and would like to rent a car, you could drive about an hour inland to a bunch of good vineyards and do some wine tasting.

Thanks for all the recommendations!

I am staying by the airport. Is there any good places near there to hang out during the day while the wife is in her conference?

This sounds interesting, and I'd love some more details if possible....thx

I think it was Palm Canyon in one of the state parks (Anza-Borrego Desert State Park). It laos has Big Horn sheep which are awesome to see. Enjoy.

I am staying by the airport. Is there any good places near there to hang out during the day while the wife is in her conference?

You gonna have a car? You should either just go into Downtown, or in the other direction is Point Loma, and you could head up to the Cabrillo National Monument. Pretty cool little park on the tip of Point Loma, offers amazing views looking back on San Diego...has little museums and tidal pools and all that kind of stuff.....eh, just typing that out makes me realize your chick would probably be annoyed at missing it....just go into downtown haha.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabrillo_National_Monument

There's five or six good bars at Mission Beach. Get there early for sunset.

Torrey Pines

Back