• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sandusky Gets 30 Years

Bingo. JoePa should GTFO.

Disagree.

2nd paragraph of indictment... victim 1 came in 2005, which is 6 years after he and JoePa worked together. JoePa was not close to the situation, and heard it from another witness. If he witnessed it himself, then you have a point, but he didn't.

Again, one of Joe Paterno's employees reported witnessing a violent crime on Penn State property, and apparently Joe Paterno did not tell him to report it to the police.

This is my only point about why JoePa probably should be taken out of this scandal.... notice JoePa didn't say 'well, I heard the allegation and it didn't seem that serious..' He apparently didn't know what to make of anything, so told the people who oversee Sandusky at the time for them to perform the proper investigation. He's not in a position to be judge/jury.

Sorry for vague pronouns, that was about Schultz. If he admits that he was told of inappropriate sexual conduct, while Joepa just says it was inappropriate conduct/horsing around, then it seems like their stories aren't matching up.

There was not allegations of him raping little boys while they worked together.

There were certainly allegations of misconduct, but I think what Ph was referring to was the fact that Sandusky was allowed to hold training camps and the like on campus through 2009.

There was not allegations of him raping little boys while they worked together.

I understand why you're doing it, but you're sounding awfully like KA in the conference realignment thread. Maybe its because JoePa has been senile for the last 15 years and didn't fully understand what his GA was telling him, but he failed to report (to the police) the accusations of a 10 year boy being molested. Regardless of what exactly the GA told him, that's a huge red flag. Soemthing you just don't forget about.

Disagree.

2nd paragraph of indictment... victim 1 came in 2005, which is 6 years after he and JoePa worked together. JoePa was not close to the situation, and heard it from another witness. If he witnessed it himself, then you have a point, but he didn't.

He had already been investigated for showering with boys. Now this is being brought to your attention, you don't think you'd give it a closer look?

Last edited:
Sorry for vague pronouns, that was about Schultz. If he admits that he was told of inappropriate sexual conduct, while Joepa just says it was inappropriate conduct/horsing around, then it seems like their stories aren't matching up.

You have it backwards. Per the presentment, Paterno reported sexual fondling to Curley while Culrey and Schultz said it was horsing around.

At some point; I imagine this conversation happened:

Paterno
"Ah, Graduate Assistant McQueary, good to see you. What brings you into my office today?"

McQueary
"Hey, um, coach... I was wondering whatever happened to Sandusky after I saw him anally raping a 10-year old boy in the shower right over there"

Paterno
"I'm sorry, you'll have to speak up Coach McQueary"

McQueary
"Oh, I just stopped by to say hi"

I understand why you're doing it, but you're sounding awfully like KA in the conference realignment thread. Maybe its because JoePa has been senile for the last 15 years and didn't fully understand what his GA was telling him, but he failed to report (to the police) the accusations of a 10 year boy being molested. Regardless of what exactly the GA told him, that's a huge red flag. Soemthing you just don't forget about.

sorry didn't see (to police) there...

"Paterno wasn't charged, and the grand jury report didn't appear to implicate him in wrongdoing."

Yes he did. But you don't have to listen to me, or care for or respect my opinion...

"Paterno wasn't charged, and the grand jury report didn't appear to implicate him in wrongdoing."

Again, difference between a legal standard and moral standard. Again, McQueary wasn't charged with any legal wrongdoing either, but not reporting the crime to the proper authorities was clearly morally wrong, and Paterno's behavior was an extension of that.

My only point is a grand jury is indicting lots of people apparently, why would they let others go? I'm not sure it's on him to go to the police, when it's an adult talking about a crime that he witnessed, not something he witnessed personally.... And we don't know that Joepa didn't say 'hey, you need to talk to the police'...

Schultz was very unsure about what he remembered the graduate assistant telling him and Curley about the shower incident. He testified that he had the impression that Sandusky might have inappropriately grabbed the young boy's genitals while wrestling and agreed that such was inappropriate sexual conduct between a man and a boy. While equivocating on the definition of "sexual" in the context of Sandusky wrestling with and grabbing the genitals of the boy, Schultz conceded that the report the graduate assistant made was of inappropriate sexual conduct by Sandusky. However, Schultz testified that the allegations were "not that serious" and that he and Curley "had no indication that a crime had occurred." Schultz agreed that sodomy between Sandusky and a child would clearly be inappropriate sexual conduct. He denied having such conduct reported to him either by Paterno or the graduate assistant.

You have it backwards. Per the presentment, Paterno reported sexual fondling to Curley while Culrey and Schultz said it was horsing around.

This is from the GJ Report

From Tucker Max's Twitter feed:

The town of Sandusky, Ohio just changed their name to Hitler, Ohio. Less bad press.

My only point is a grand jury is indicting lots of people apparently, why would they let others go? I'm not sure it's on him to go to the police, when it's an adult talking about a crime that he witnessed, not something he witnessed personally.... And we don't know that Joepa didn't say 'hey, you need to talk to the police'...

Paterno was this guy's boss, he could have ordered McQueary to go to the police and if that's what he did and McQueary ignored him then why did Paterno later hire McQueary as a full on assistant?

At some point; I imagine this conversation happened:

Paterno
"Ah, Graduate Assistant McQueary, good to see you. What brings you into my office today?"

McQueary
"Hey, um, coach... I was wondering whatever happened to Sandusky after I saw him anally raping a 10-year old boy in the shower right over there"

Paterno
"I'm sorry, you'll have to speak up Coach McQueary"

McQueary
"Oh, I just stopped by to say hi"

More like...

Paterno

McQueary

Paterno (In best Cosmo Spacely voice)
"Well now ASSISTANT COACH McQueary, what was that?"

McQueary
"Oh nothing coach, where is my new office?"

What the fuck is wrong with some of you people?

Back