• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sandusky Gets 30 Years

From PennLive:

Penn State football coach Joe Paterno says he's disappointed university President Graham Spanier has canceled the team's weekly press conference, without explanation, this morning. The press conference was supposed to begin in an hour, at 12:30 p.m., and Spanier canceled it without conferring with the coach, Paterno said. Paterno said he wasn't told why Spanier canceled the event.

From PennLive:

Penn State football coach Joe Paterno says he's disappointed university President Graham Spanier has canceled the team's weekly press conference, without explanation, this morning. The press conference was supposed to begin in an hour, at 12:30 p.m., and Spanier canceled it without conferring with the coach, Paterno said. Paterno said he wasn't told why Spanier canceled the event.

Is JoePa about to get shitcanned?

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. It's cynical to assume it was canceled because of the scandal. Maybe the Crispin bros are in town and Joe Pa is meeting them at Applebees or something.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. It's cynical to assume it was canceled because of the scandal. Maybe the Crispin bros are in town and Joe Pa is meeting them at Applebees or something.

Oh man, forgot they went there. They're from my hometown- this is a rough week for them.

Fuck you dousche bag... posting a picture and changing the caption is a joke, a tasteless one, and you know it...so fuck off. I will keep my diploma proudly...as I had great teachers, classmates, friends for the rest of my life, and no scandal of any kind can ever take that away from me....ever. Do I feel anger, frustration, sadness..of course. However, if I don't have Penn State, then I don't have my wife. If I don't have penn state, then I don't have some of the best memories, and some of the closest friends that I have now. I met some great professors who taught me so much about subjects/life, etc...and they are NOT part of this 'scandal'. There 40,000 people on campus, and apparently about 5 people knew of some type of wrong doing... I refuse to denounce all of the others because of this crime... so fuck you...fuck your jokes...and fuck your inability to understand that your pictures are fooling no one and your jokes are tasteless and unneccary... fucking douschbag... go fuck yourself.

[Marv] Yeeeeeeessssss! [/Albert]

"If we can't protect our kids, then we as a society are pathetic"

Millen's entire commentary has been extremely gripping; definitely worth watching if you have a chance.

I think PSU may be considering cancelling this weekend's game and perhaps the rest of the season.

Not to make light of the situation, but I'm shocked the Nebraska-PSU game is still on the board. I put some money on the Huskers giving 3 because there is no way PSU coaches and players can effectively focus on this game right now.

I don't think the "WE ARE...PATHETIC!" chant will take off at the game.

Penn State is like what we saw in that video from China. People in the Penn State community turned a blind eye to abuse. Pure and simple. And people like Philly are kidding themselves if they think only a few people knew.

Not to make light of the situation, but I'm shocked the Nebraska-PSU game is still on the board. I put some money on the Huskers giving 3 because there is no way PSU coaches and players can effectively focus on this game right now.

That boom you just heard was PhillyDeac's head exploding.

Does it seem odd that Sandusky was allowed bond?
They're giving him the opportunity to spare the state the time and expense of trial and incarceration. He should take advantage of the opportunity. It's best for all concerned.

Back