• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saturday, take your pick: #200 Wake Forest @ #241 UNC-Greensboro (-2)

Will Wake Forest beat UNC-Greensboro on Saturday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How often has Wake won back to back games in the past three years? How often do they win road games? Wake can and should win this game, but I don't like their chances.

The G will try to run us into the ground. They're guard oriented but weak in the middle. I'm not sure how well our press will work against them. Probably be a nail biter, unless our bigs don't show and we get punked.

We lose, I think. I remember how hopeful I was after our strong showing against UConn and then we got blown the fuck out by Iona of all people. This one has a blowout in the making unfortunately.

By the way, this will be a very poorly attended game. UNCG derives most of their attendance from students, and they're all gone. A high percentage of students are local, but their team is just as bad as ours this year.

I'm guessing it will look very similar to the Thursday 12pm ACC tournament game.

By the way, this will be a very poorly attended game. UNCG derives most of their attendance from students, and they're all gone. A high percentage of students are local, but their team is just as bad as ours this year.

I'm guessing it will look very similar to the Thursday 12pm ACC tournament game.

So good practice.

In a rout....Wake 79 UNC-Greensboro branch 70

Apparently Derrell Armstrong has been suspended indefinitely (according to a UNCG poster that posts on the Davidson board I frequent).

Spread will move in our favor, as UNCG lost by 14 tonight at UNCW (they were only a 1 pt underdog). Will basically be a toss-up on KenPom. I imagine we'll be favored by a couple in Vegas.

Press early and press often. That's all I got for you Bzz...

true...didn't play against JMU and is gametime decision for UNC-W game

Just watched him play against UNCW just over an hour ago. Didn't make a difference though. UNCW was up comfortably around the 20 pt margin most of the game.

Also pretty surprised at how short the team is. Walked by their tallest player and he didn't look to be about an inch or so taller than me, and I'm only 6'5". Should be an easy win for the Deacs on Saturday, and you know what that means. More Superbowl talk.

I hope wake wins by a comfortable enough margin to eliminate Wes Miller as a head coaching candidate. I saw them play tonight and they suck. Badly.

-KenPom projected score: 81-78 UNCG (highest scoring game we have left)
-Wake Forest win probability: 43% (our truest remaining 'coinflip' game)

When Wake has the ball:
-It's the #148 offense against the #296 defense (ADVANTAGE: OFFENSE)

When UNCG has the ball:
-Its the #140 offense against the #239 defense (ADVANTAGE: OFFENSE)

Wake tempo? 90th fastest nationally. UNCG tempo? 7th fastest nationally. (ADVANTAGE: OFFENSE) (KenPom projection ~160 points starting to make sense...)

Other interesting observations from UNCG's page:
-#2 nationally in defensive rebounding. This shouldn't matter, since we don't get offensive rebounds anyway (we're 256th)
-#345 nationally in defending without fouling. This could be huge for us, since drawing fouls is one of our best skills (10th nationally)
-Not much height; tallest player is 6'8. Closest guy they have to a space-eater is a 6'5, 240 frosh
-Top 2 players (#15 Trevis Simpson and #3 Derrell Armstrong) are both very efficient from 3 point range
-Best big is #24 Kelvin McNeil. Listed at 6'8 230, has been a great rebounder this year, on both ends
-Play at UNCW tonight, as a 1 point underdog
-Currently 1-6 against D1 competition

What say the boards experts? Do the Deacs clearly establish Triad Supremacy this weekend, or do they drop back below .500?

Best stat: 4 tickets, 4 drinks, popcorn, all for $44 through UNCG ticket office.

Thread title updated after last night's movement. We're up to 46% to win on KenPom.

Back