• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

After getting back from golfing and before football yesterday, I watched some of Danny Willett winning by a few over Rahm at Wentworth yesterday. After some injuries, kids, disappearing and being ranked in the 400s, he's won at Dubai and Wentworth in the last year and is now back in the top 50. And if you're looking for something to watch this weekend before football starts, they're playing St. Andrews, Carnoustie and Kingsbarns this week for some scenic viewing.

Good observation. I didn't realize Willett is returning to form. What tours are playing those courses?

Good observation. I didn't realize Willett is returning to form. What tours are playing those courses?

Euros are playing the Dunhill this weekend. They play 1 round at each course, then Sunday at St. Andrews. And this time of year, they're often wearing mittens and toboggans. The quality of courses in the Fall is usually better on the Euro tour, and the early viewing doesn't conflict with college or pro football.

Euros are playing the Dunhill this weekend. They play 1 round at each course, then Sunday at St. Andrews. And this time of year, they're often wearing mittens and toboggans. The quality of courses in the Fall is usually better on the Euro tour, and the early viewing doesn't conflict with college or pro football.

My buddy just played Dundonald and Prestwick last weekend and the weather looked perfect.

Romo -2 (70) today in the first round. I hate the Cowboys and I hate celebs getting exemption into PGA tournaments, but that is pretty impressive

Romo -2 (70) today in the first round. I hate the Cowboys and I hate celebs getting exemption into PGA tournaments, but that is pretty impressive

Thought it was funny that CBS made "contingency" plans for the Vikings/Bears broadcast (Romo and Nantz are calling the game) if Romo made the cut in the Safeway Open. Guess it could happen.

Time to bring this thread back with the great stretch of golf coming up, including the Waste Management this weekend. Webb with a clutch birdie-birdie finish to tie Finau. Playoff coming up.

Really happy for Webb, but a big fan of Tony Finau. Feel like he’ll win more than once this year.

Yep me too. Finau has become one of my favorites. Hope he starts closing the deal. When he gets the next one, they might come in bunches.

Really happy for Webb, but a big fan of Tony Finau. Feel like he’ll win more than once this year.

Yep. Super happy for Webb obviously, but you could tell the crowd was behind Finau. He's a really nice player. Ryder Cup should be fun this year.

Incredible clutch putt by Webb on the regulation #18!! Pretty amazing how he set up the same putt in the playoff hole. So happy for Webb, he needed a win.

Webb and Finau are probably 2 of the most liked guys on tour I’d bet.

I'm playing that course in mid-March, btw. I played it a few years ago and they were still taking down the stadium.

Incredible clutch putt by Webb on the regulation #18!! Pretty amazing how he set up the same putt in the playoff hole. So happy for Webb, he needed a win.

Absolutely. What a clutch win. Birdied 17, then 18 to tie, then 18 again to win.

I'm playing that course in mid-March, btw. I played it a few years ago and they were still taking down the stadium.

It's unbelievable how much different that hole looks without the stadium seating and 17000 rowdy fans. It's like a complete nothing par 3.
More importantly, Webb was awesome and is such a class act. Great player and great representative of the school. Showed some major fight today when it got tight which isn't something he's always done. His game is really solid and his putting is insane right now.

The tournament was there for Finau’s taking after Webb’s drive in the water and subsequent bogey on 15. No birdies for Finau after 13. He let Webb hang in and Webb took advantage. I really like Finau too and would like to see him close the deal soon.

It's unbelievable how much different that hole looks without the stadium seating and 17000 rowdy fans. It's like a complete nothing par 3.
More importantly, Webb was awesome and is such a class act. Great player and great representative of the school. Showed some major fight today when it got tight which isn't something he's always done. His game is really solid and his putting is insane right now.

I watched a clip of Webb's meeting with the press. His answers were thoughtful and respectful. That was especially true when asked to comment on Kobe's death. Webb is a great representative of WF. And his game is in such a good place that multiple wins are possible this season. 3 consecutive birdies to finish the tournament is crazy good.

Happy to see Webb continue his good form. That course was playing hard and fast, and those tend to be his optimal conditions. Also am a big fan of Finau. Dude just seems to have problems on Sundays when he's in contention, considering the large number of top-10s he's had. And it looked like he was struggling on the front and would give it away, but he held it together on the back. Missed the 18th and extra hole as I was headed to a SB party, but it was some entertaining golf. Love this stretch of Torrey, Scottsdale, Pebble and Riviera.

Happy to see Webb continue his good form. That course was playing hard and fast, and those tend to be his optimal conditions. Also am a big fan of Finau. Dude just seems to have problems on Sundays when he's in contention, considering the large number of top-10s he's had. And it looked like he was struggling on the front and would give it away, but he held it together on the back. Missed the 18th and extra hole as I was headed to a SB party, but it was some entertaining golf. Love this stretch of Torrey, Scottsdale, Pebble and Riviera.

Just shows how ridiculously hard it is to win on the PGA Tour. Finau shot one under on a day when only a handful of guys went low. The course was playing really tough. He made one critical mistake on the back nine, hitting his drive into the bunker on 17. He couldn't get the long bunker show up and down, Webb makes birdie, and the stage was set.

If Finau puts his drive anywhere but in that bunker, he probably makes three and wins.

The missed fairway on 17 was crucial; yet, he still had a very make able putt on 18 to win with a birdie. His putt was shorter than Webb's though perhaps more difficult; but still make able.

Putting under pressure is, I think, what separates pros. Yesterday, Webb's putting was masterful.

Back