• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Yeah, full Swing portrayed Koepka in the best possible light and he still comes off like an asshole. I guess they fooled your wife though.

I really enjoyed Brooks’ no one ever believed in him speech, not the coaches at FSu who gave him a full scholarship or his sponsors or his swing coaches, no one ever believed in him.

So we were watching Full Swing last night, and my wife fell in love with Justin Thomas, thought he was real down to earth and not conceited, yet she couldn’t understand my absolute distain for Brooks Koepka, she thought I was being really harsh about him the entire episode. Is it possible for a marriage to survive this?
Koepka just came across to me as stupid. By far the dumbest of the golfers profiled so far.

I really enjoyed Brooks’ no one ever believed in him speech, not the coaches at FSu who gave him a full scholarship or his sponsors or his swing coaches, no one ever believed in him.
I used to like him like 5-6 years ago. He had major game and was refreshingly honest in interviews. But in the last few years, it seems like he's been disinterested in the game and has become an asshole.

22890, Burmester is actually pretty good. He's always been long. but he's upped the rest of his game the last 2-3 years and has been a good watch on the DP tour. Probably the best RSA golfer these days and should get consideration for next year's PC if he stays with the PGA and DP.

Pilch, have they profiled DJ yet?

I've only watched the first 4 "Full Swing" episodes (its good if you are into golf). They had a few clips of DJ in the Ian Poulter episode because the theme was LIV poaching players, and so, they had the clip of the LIV press conference when a UK reporter asked about the geopolitical ramifications of aligning with LIV and DJ looked like the question was asked in Chinese. Graeme MCDowell then answered the question on the players behalf. Well aware of DJ's Rockhead rep. That said, I've always liked him. When DJ is on, he destroys golf courses.

The show highlighted Koepka missing the cut at The Masters in 2022. After that he finished T-55 in the PGA, 55 in the US Open, and missed the cut in The Open.

In 2021 he missed the cut at The Masters, then finished no worse than sixth place in the other three majors.

He’s obviously going through some things based on that egregious dye job.

Yeah he's a solid golfer but he isn't moving the needle at all on folks watching
Yeah, most Americans probably don't know who he is. But if you watch any DP, he's 1 of the more popular players there and gets more than his share of TV time when he's playing.

Speaking of the DP, they're back outside of Delhi for the 1st time since the pandemic. It's an interesting layout (I think Gary Player) with more elevation change than any course I've seen with uniquely riveted bunkers. Cool aesthetic.

Kupcho is in the lead in Thailand after the 1st round and had a smile on her face on multiple occasions.

I've only watched the first 4 "Full Swing" episodes (its good if you are into golf). They had a few clips of DJ in the Ian Poulter episode because the theme was LIV poaching players, and so, they had the clip of the LIV press conference when a UK reporter asked about the geopolitical ramifications of aligning with LIV and DJ looked like the question was asked in Chinese. Graeme MCDowell then answered the question on the players behalf. Well aware of DJ's Rockhead rep. That said, I've always liked him. When DJ is on, he destroys golf courses.
DJ is fun to watch because he has silly talent, hits the ball a mile, and sometimes makes boneheaded mistakes in critical situations. Put that together and it is exciting golf. Although no one has ever accused him of being smart (fairly so), he has stayed uncontroversial and seems to get along with other players. He just plays and goes about his business. Would want to see him and Koepka back on Tour again if possible.

have we heard back from the ginger ambulance chaser about how LIV is changing the world

Speaking of the DP, they're back outside of Delhi for the 1st time since the pandemic. It's an interesting layout (I think Gary Player) with more elevation change than any course I've seen with uniquely riveted bunkers. Cool aesthetic.

Kupcho is in the lead in Thailand after the 1st round and had a smile on her face on multiple occasions.
I have an acquaintance that works for the LPGA and apparently, Kupcho is very difficult to market. Lacks a certain panache I suppose.

Honda Classic developments:

Ryan Gerard, who is playing on a sponsor's exemption as he was playing for UNC last year (lost to WF in the ACCT) shot 63 today, and is in 3rd place two shots out of the lead.

Bill Haas, who has missed the cut in six straight events finished birdie birdie and is currently tied for 57th at E. Will be a sweat to survive the afternoon wave as no more than 8 golfers can pass him or he will miss another cut.

Webb Simpson is one of the players trying to move up the leaderboard. He's currently +2 through 5.

Last edited:
New drinking game. Every time they say Bear Trap on the broadcast this weekend take a shot. You'll be dead in no time. It's mind numbing

Is that code for "Kupcho isn't hot enough?"
Probably 60% or so that and 40% or so temper and lack of bubbly personality. Her engine used to run in the red more than Rahm's, and from what I can tell, she has really been working on that for the last year. Not so coincidentally, she's won 3 times in the last year. Looks are certainly part of it, but personality also plays a part. Inbee Park, Christina Kim and Shen Shen Feng weren't exactly lookers but have been high profile golfers - Kim and Feng for their offbeat personalities and Park, not only for her game, but also her learning English, staying on the LPGA tour for so long and being a good interview. Most of the Korean contingent come over for just a few years, and some don't learn English, and that's been an issue for the last 15+ years from a marketing standpoint. You can't blame them for wanting to make some $$ and then return home to start a family, but it does create some really awkward post-win interviews.

Back