• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

This is gross and everyone who made it happen are gross. I'm a casual viewer of golf but my interest just went to absolute zero. Golfers are now in bed with a murdering autocratic regime so I'm going to just stick with football baseball basketball.

The orange fuck finally got something right...

Fx8t2oIWcAA8Z-1
Let this be a notice, if trump tells you how to cash in on a Saudi scam you should listen. The man knows

Please; this was bound to happen and its on the PGA who mismanaged the Tour and didn't see the inevitable. The Players who stayed were duped to thinking it was about them. Never was.
The Game is bigger than all of them. Money talks. One Tour. For Profit. Not crazy about it but it be's what it be's.

Please; this was bound to happen and its on the PGA who mismanaged the Tour and didn't see the inevitable. The Players who stayed were duped to thinking it was about them. Never was.
The Game is bigger than all of them. Money talks. One Tour. For Profit. Not crazy about it but it be's what it be's.
I mean a bunch of tour players sure as fuck didn’t see it coming

The whole thing is just lousy. The PGA was hypocritical. And then most of the tour players found out the same way we did. That's just lousy. I didn't begrudge the guys going to LIV. made whatever decision they needed to for themselves...so be it. But the way the PGA handled this sucked...plain and simple

My guitardeac level scoop to add is, coming from a friend who played with Jon Rahm yesterday (he shot 59 at a course in AZ by the way) and texted with him today, that Rahm had no idea this was coming.

The whole thing is just lousy. The PGA was hypocritical. And then most of the tour players found out the same way we did. That's just lousy. I didn't begrudge the guys going to LIV. made whatever decision they needed to for themselves...so be it. But the way the PGA handled this sucked...plain and simple

This.

How is the PGA going to compensate McIlroy for his loyalty and now this betrayal??

Will Zalatoris ought be your real concern. No telling what happens to his career with his back now. He was lied to and should be compensated. Of course, so many Wake folks told him to stay too--huge mistake.

He could get back to form in which case he will still make 100 million bucks. Or he could be the answer to a trivia question about who messed up the most in golf history by not taking the money.

I'm surprised the Saudis partnered with this US company in light of the worst human rights violations against their innocent citizens in human history by the US government at Gitmo -- decades of human torture on what we now admit were 100% innocent folks. Where is the outcry from their people?

People who support this merger would be upset if the PGA Tour partnered with the US government.

So if TheReff thinks the PGA Tour was "highly illegal" before (antitrust, I guess?), what does he think now? Seems highlier illegaler.
Funny that the PGA Tour broke first regardless whether they were trying to act illegally by colluding or being highly illegal. They got caught in the act, Monahan knew it and he joined forces. Highly hilarious! 😂😂
Now the guys on Golf Central are saying they were acting to protect the PGA shield.

You all spin it however you want.

This isn't me defending Saudi Arabia or the U.S. govt's involvement with the regime, but there are massive differences between the U.S. govt cooperating with a regime for geopolitical and security reasons (again, I'm not defending the U.S. or SA on this) and a brutal, autocratic regime using public money to sportswash its imagine in a foreign country. Both are not great, but they're not analogous.
Then don’t watch Biden and his regime with China then. Plus all that the NBA has done in China for the sake of billions of dollars and shoes.

This is gross and everyone who made it happen are gross. I'm a casual viewer of golf but my interest just went to absolute zero. Golfers are now in bed with a murdering autocratic regime so I'm going to just stick with football baseball basketball.
Don’t watch the NBA either 😂 speaking of murderous regimes . NBA in bed with China for years—ask Rockets GM Daryl Morey

Before today, most people would have assumed "the PGA Tour" meant the coalition of Rory, Tiger, JT, Spieth, Rahm plus Monahan, all pretty much in lock-step redesigning the tour with elevated events to ensure the parasitic LIV Tour never broke through and became successful versus just being a money suck effort at sportswashing by the Saudis.

Now we know that's not the case, and then the equation is much simpler. Just like most people can't stand the grandstanding by Phil and company but don't hate Harold Varner III for taking the money, there's a mix of outrage and recognition that taking the money is reasonable regardless of its source. Monahan will be the bad guy, but the tours joining together and whatever comes next will be in the Harold Varner category.

A few executives just don't give a shit about the tour, as it turns out, and that's the actual shocking part. They even fooled their own star players, took them for suckers. They'll laugh all the way to the bank.

C’mon Windy, it’s the real world. The PGA knew they were in trouble; losing sponsors, venues and cash.
Did u expect them to take a roll call vote? Sure it’s lousy that players stayed “loyal” and lost. Happens every day in the real world. Labor takes it in the shorts. Life goes on.

Last edited:
Back