• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Lexi has had a hard time beating many women this season, I know it's for some publicity for the tournament, but could be ugly.

View attachment 5767
She's the best female golfer in the world from the neck down - what Phil used to be called back in the 90s. She can drive it 300 and spin irons like guys, but she is a complete head case. I never liked Sorenstam but had no problem with her playing an appropriate PGA event as the unquestioned #1 female in the world. I liked Wie but didn't think it was appropriate for her to be playing PGA events because she was never that good. Vijay was right. Similarly, Lexi is a mediocre LPGA player who hasn't won on tour in at least a few years. If Nelly gets back to #1 and wins another major next year, I wouldn't mind her getting the opportunity. That's the type of person who should get this kind of chance. She's also long enough not to look out of place in a PGA event.

There's a PGA Fall Finish event this week in Mississippi. There is one golfer entered that played in last weekend's Ryder Cup: Ludvig Aberg. Impressed by his willingness to grind at a random low-profile tour stop in Mississippi.

Last edited:
Probably trying to finish in the top 125 in the FedEx so he can get into the Players and some other signature events.

He's got his tour card wrapped up thanks to PGA Tour U, but can still raise his profile a bit.

The Dunhill has a good field this week at St. Andrews/Carnousti/Kingsbarns.

Cam Young, who is still looking for his PGA Tour win, is off to a great start in the World Wide Technology Championship in Mexico. Young is currently in 2nd at -7 through 14 holes. This tourney is played on a Tiger-designed resort course. It will be a birdie-fest. Unless the wind kicks up, winner will be near -30.

Rocking with Jaeger, Young, and Aberg in some fall fantasy season league I’m in (one entry split between me doofus and Cumberland). Two weeks ago we had the highest earnings for the week and won a skin currently worth $250. We are 16th out of 172 people through four tournaments. Time to roll tide again this week

I'm on Jaeger this week. Jaeger, Young and Aberg are all due for their first win. Didn't realize that Aberg was one if the first players ever to appear in Ryder Cup before ever playing in a major.

Cam Young, who is still looking for his PGA Tour win, is off to a great start in the World Wide Technology Championship in Mexico. Young is currently in 2nd at -7 through 14 holes. This tourney is played on a Tiger-designed resort course. It will be a birdie-fest. Unless the wind kicks up, winner will be near -30.
"I hope he wins this tournament," sung to the tune of Avocados from Mexico jingle, they make everything better!!!!
2y5bn7.gif

Attachments

• 1698949645603.png
    1698949645603.png
    32.1 KB · Views: 4
Piled money on Aberg/Hossler/Young yesterday. So they will all tie for 2nd.

Kuchar always play well Mexico; he feels no shame after almost getting away with shafting the local caddy.

Should be an entertaining weekend for the first time in a while. Cam imploded and barely made the cut. Our guy jaegerbomb is the datagolf favorite but nobody is above 16% to win. I fired him live at +1400 yesterday before his round with a bonus bet so let’s ride him to victory

Rocking with Jaeger, Young, and Aberg in some fall fantasy season league I’m in (one entry split between me doofus and Cumberland). Two weeks ago we had the highest earnings for the week and won a skin currently worth $250. We are 16th out of 172 people through four tournaments. Time to roll tide again this week
We traded Cam out for Kuchar after the second round. Format is odd but interesting: you get 2x your golfer earnings for the three guys you start the week with. You get a “free” sub after the second round to replace one golfer and three times of the seven events in the “season” you can use a mulligan to replace a second player from your roster. The subs only get 1x the golfer’s earnings.

We’ve still got two mulligans left with three events so that’s good insurance if two guys miss the cut or just to maximize odds of hitting a winner

Back