• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

He literally jogged between some shots and was chasibg putts into the hole. Good on him for having fun with it.

kevin-na-run.jpg

Rory, man.

Happy for him this week, but next week he must be destroyed!

Rumors about Arnie passing away are swirling. Hope they are not true.

If I'm 1st out walking by myself at my muni, I can do it in 2:30-40. I keep a good pace, but 1:59 is ridiculous. Especially for the slowest person in the game.

And he shot E. Coolest thing I've ever known him to do.

Ryan Moore got the 12th spot by the way.

Not sure I like that choice. Don't like his swing - it's a little loopy kinda like Furyk. And he's short, and they're playing a long course. I'm no Bubba fan, but he played well enough this weekend to merit the pick. Moore is a good putter however. Not sure if that was the thinking.

But Love and Clarke need to make the DJ/Rory thing happen on Sunday in the 1st group, like the captains at last year Solheim Cup did putting Lexi and Ciganda out there 1st.

Moore was one of the most dominant match play guys in college history. He's also been extremely consistent over the past few months and just lost the Tour Championship because Rory holed out from the fairway on him.

Bubba Watson hasn't finished better than 10th since March, is a terrible teammate and disliked by almost every player on tour, and is easily rattled. I'd take Moore right now over Bubba any day of the week.

Moore was one of the most dominant match play guys in college history. He's also been extremely consistent over the past few months and just lost the Tour Championship because Rory holed out from the fairway on him.

Bubba Watson hasn't finished better than 10th since March, is a terrible teammate and disliked by almost every player on tour, and is easily rattled. I'd take Moore right now over Bubba any day of the week.

Agreed. Moore made some incredibly clutch putts yesterday. Also, he won the US Amateur at Winged Foot. You don't do that by not being a great match play guy.

Guy is proven. Who gives a crap what his swing looks like? He showed nerves of steel yesterday. I'm stoked with the pick. Not the same ole same ole crap with Bubba and his whining

Moore hasnt always swung like that. He hurt his wrist a while back and that was the only way to make a swing without pain. Once the wrist healed, he kept the swing as-is.

Official?

They announced it during halftime of the Bears-Cowboys game, which was always the plan. However, it was just a one sentence mention by Tirico. I'm sure they had planned a much bigger to-do around it before news of Arnie passing away hit.

The point of the 12th pick was to select somebody playing really well. Moore won the John Deere 6 weeks ago, and was top 10 in 3 FedEx Cup events. I like the pick, and would have liked any pick not named Bubba. That even includes Kevin Na, just for what he did yesterday.

Moore hasnt always swung like that. He hurt his wrist a while back and that was the only way to make a swing without pain. Once the wrist healed, he kept the swing as-is.

Interesting, thanks. Yeah, I remember Moore having a good rep as a college player, and he's a good putter, but was thinking Hazeltine might not be the best venue for his game. And he's certainly more likeable than Bubba. And I guess, like Zach, maybe Love was looking at Moore as a good 4somes player, whereas you really only want Bubba for 4ball.

Back