• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

It'd be pretty funny if the PIF just stopped funding LIV completely, and Greg Norman was left alone to string together sponsors to keep LIV operational. Purses drop to like $50k, 90% of staff fired, some tourneys run on virtual courses to keep costs down, etc... But all the players under contract have to stick it out or lose their giant bonuses.

It'd be pretty funny if the PIF just stopped funding LIV completely, and Greg Norman was left alone to string together sponsors to keep LIV operational. Purses drop to like $50k, 90% of staff fired, some tourneys run on virtual courses to keep costs down, etc... But all the players under contract have to stick it out or lose their giant bonuses.
I wonder what scheme Gregory would come up with next to try to keep himself "relevant" in the golf world?

Man how the goalposts have shifted.

What the PGA did was a thousand times worse than what these players did.

What is actually treasonous is smearing players for taking Saudi money and ruining their reputations, while the entire time you were just negotiating your Saudi bag.

Man fuck the PGA

Only thing I’d push back on in this post is that a lot of those guys already had shitty reputations prior to the move, which was one of the several reasons I had no interest in LIV.

I assume LIV will become the world minor league tour now for those that can’t get status on PGA or DP. Or gave up their status like a douche to join LIV.

This doesn't seem like a promise that can be kept.

Do we know how much the PIF is going to be giving the PGA and DP on an annual basis yet?

As for Monahan, I would just assume you can no longer believe a word he says.

Do we know how much the PIF is going to be giving the PGA and DP on an annual basis yet?

As for Monahan, I would just assume you can no longer believe a word he says.

We pretty much don't know anything about specifics.

(Let’s not also ignore the fact that there’s probably more than one person named “Tubby Smith” in the world )

We play match play with Coach Smith and i'm not supposed to post those scores.

I also have sub 80 rounds this year so far at Oakmont, Seminole, Medalist, Bear's Club, and Ridgewood. More fodder for the hater's to enjoy.
Why is there an apostrophe in haters?

We play match play with Coach Smith and i'm not supposed to post those scores.

I also have sub 80 rounds this year so far at Oakmont, Seminole, Medalist, Bear's Club, and Ridgewood. More fodder for the hater's to enjoy.
Wow, so you're either a liar or a cheater. Sedgefield must not have much of a handicap committee, or you'd be banned from tournament play, assuming this is actually true.

Wow, so you're either a liar or a cheater. Sedgefield must not have much of a handicap committee, or you'd be banned from tournament play, assuming this is actually true.
Yeah I just had to take a peek at their ratings/slopes to make sure I wasn't going crazy and there's no way someone is scoring in the 70s away at all of them in a six month span without being at least a low single digit cap. Now if they were all played from 5k yds...

Listen if you want to play from the front tees and it makes the game more fun for you then more power to you little dick.

But don't game at with a "WeLl, I bROke 90 at oAkeMont!!!11!!!"

I don't understand. You would have had to have turned in those scores too and they would be on GHIN. And yes, you would be about a 2.5.

Back