• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Say hello to our new friends

Palmettodeac

Reaction score
While partaking of the Final Four festivities I would say, based on the fans that I came across, we will really enjoy having Louisville in the league. Good people that are passionate about their school.

Syracuse, not so much. Just a bunch of obnoxious, cheesy knuckle-draggers.

That being said, I really was jealous of both sets of fans. I wish that my team was there...(heck, I wish that my team just had a chance to be there).

Louisville fans are the NC State equivalent in Kentucky. And not just because they are second fiddle to Big Brother, but the way they are unrealistically optimistic every year. But they are bringing a lot to the sports table for the ACC, so I can't complain.

Louisville fans are the NC State equivalent in Kentucky. And not just because they are second fiddle to Big Brother, but the way they are unrealistically optimistic every year. But they are bringing a lot to the sports table for the ACC, so I can't complain.

Unrealistic? They're in the final four.

And historically much better performance than the Wuffies, too.

NCAA Tournament champions
1980, 1986
NCAA Tournament Final Four
1959, 1972, 1975, 1980, 1982, 1983, 1986, 2005, 2012, 2013
NCAA Tournament Elite Eight
1959, 1972, 1975, 1980, 1982, 1983, 1986, 1997, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2012, 2013
NCAA Tournament Sweet Sixteen
1951, 1959, 1961, 1967, 1968, 1972, 1974, 1975, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2012, 2013
NCAA Tournament appearances
1951, 1959, 1961, 1964, 1967, 1968, 1972, 1974, 1975, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Pretty sure WakeFanAdam never said Louisville's teams were like NC State's, just their fans. I completely agree with him that in the state of Kentucky, Louisville fans are almost going to be second to Kentucky fans. I'm good friends with a girl from Kentucky who's a big Wildcat fan and she's explained to me that the only people in Kentucky who like Louisville live in or near Louisville (and obviously their alumni). I'm not sure if you saw this article on Deadspin about where fans of schools in the tournament are rooting from around the country (http://deadspin.com/facebook-data-give-us-the-best-fandom-map-of-the-ncaa-t-456782281?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow) , but if you look at North Carolina's map, it's all Carolina Blue. Not a single county in NC had a majority of NC State fans pulling for them in the tournament. Had Kentucky made the NCAA tourney this year, I'm pretty sure the entire state of Kentucky would have been blue rather than red, except for a few counties around Louisiville.

And if you're interested in some other states: in this year's tournament, only seven counties in Michigan had a majority of fans pulling for Michigan State. The rest were all behind Michigan. Not a single county in Indiana had a majority of fans pulling for Notre Dame. Even the county where South Bend is located had IU fans outnumbering Notre Dame fans. Finally, almost all of Kansas was pulling for the Jayhawks, except for two counties, which were pulling for Kansas State.

One final thing: my same Kentucky friend has stressed that it is pronounced "Loo-uh-vul" NOT "Lou-ee-ville".

Every Louisville fan I've ever met can complete a sentence.

Can't say the same for Rupp's lineage of racist buffoonery.

GO. FUCKING. CARDS.

Cordially,

Someone born and raised in Nevada (i.e. the Mississippi of the west; i.e. someone that knows poor education when he sees it; i.e. someone that lived between Thoroughbred I and Thoroughbred VII for eight months and greatly prefers Louisville to Lexington)

Last edited:
Every Louisville fan I've ever met can complete a sentence.

Can't say the same for Rupp's lineage of racist buffoonery.

GO. FUCKING. CARDS.

Cordially,

Someone born and raised in Nevada (i.e. the Mississippi of the west; i.e. someone that knows poor education when he sees it; i.e. someone that lived between Thoroughbred I and Thoroughbred VII for eight months and greatly prefers Louisville to Lexington)

lol

I wish I knew what "Thoroughbred I and Thoroughbred VII" means.

the rednecks in kentucky who can go to college do so and are louisville fans, and the ones who can't are kentucky fans

just like state/unc

While partaking of the Final Four festivities I would say, based on the fans that I came across, we will really enjoy having Louisville in the league. Good people that are passionate about their school.

Syracuse, not so much. Just a bunch of obnoxious, cheesy knuckle-draggers.

That being said, I really was jealous of both sets of fans. I wish that my team was there...(heck, I wish that my team just had a chance to be there).

Did you go to the OB? Lots of knuckle draggers in the stadium that night.

Did you go to the OB? Lots of knuckle draggers in the stadium that night.

U of L is a state school, so they're going to have their share of Walmart fans, who produce the knuckle draggers. Believe me there are a lot more UK knuckle draggers than U of L knuckle draggers. UK has the entire eastern KY Hatfield & McCoy territory all to themselves.

Syracuse is a private school, but it's the only game in town in central/western NY state, so the Walmart fans are attracted to them.

Trib15, we were just pointing out that Louisville fans' expectations weren't unrealistic.

Was my group of friends the only one that repeatedly ran into toothless, shirtless, overall-clad embarrassments from UL the entire Orange Bowl week? They were all over Miami, from our hotel in frickin Coral Gables all the way to the tailgate and stadium.

SU fans are obnoxious as hell, but at least they know how to conjugate verbs.

Pretty sure WakeFanAdam never said Louisville's teams were like NC State's, just their fans. I completely agree with him that in the state of Kentucky, Louisville fans are almost going to be second to Kentucky fans. I'm good friends with a girl from Kentucky who's a big Wildcat fan and she's explained to me that the only people in Kentucky who like Louisville live in or near Louisville (and obviously their alumni). I'm not sure if you saw this article on Deadspin about where fans of schools in the tournament are rooting from around the country (http://deadspin.com/facebook-data-give-us-the-best-fandom-map-of-the-ncaa-t-456782281?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow) , but if you look at North Carolina's map, it's all Carolina Blue. Not a single county in NC had a majority of NC State fans pulling for them in the tournament. Had Kentucky made the NCAA tourney this year, I'm pretty sure the entire state of Kentucky would have been blue rather than red, except for a few counties around Louisiville.

And if you're interested in some other states: in this year's tournament, only seven counties in Michigan had a majority of fans pulling for Michigan State. The rest were all behind Michigan. Not a single county in Indiana had a majority of fans pulling for Notre Dame. Even the county where South Bend is located had IU fans outnumbering Notre Dame fans. Finally, almost all of Kansas was pulling for the Jayhawks, except for two counties, which were pulling for Kansas State.

One final thing: my same Kentucky friend has stressed that it is pronounced "Loo-uh-vul" NOT "Lou-ee-ville".

Ask a UK fan to recite the history of their success in football. That will be a very short conversation.

Q: What do you call a UK football player with a championship ring?
A: A thief!

Last edited:
Your arms aren't long enough to drag your knuckles.

The thread title should have said "overlords", not friends.

I don't know many Syracuse fans but if the Orange Bowl was any indication of the Louisville fan base, it's no surprise the school is so shitty. They were absolutely terrible.

Back