• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Say hello to our new friends

Louisville is an interesting cross section of fans. The UNC/State comparison is pretty close. A small contingent of their fans, but very die hard, are successful professional people that moved to Louisville for career reasons and never left. Then there are a lot of south and west end dudes that dress and talk like K-Fed hanging with way tatted up chicks.

Unrealistic? They're in the final four.

Exactly. They have a couple of titles and have Pitino as their coach. Definitely not wannabees. They also have a strong football program so they will be adding a lot to the ACC. I can't wait to get them in here and watch these teams play against the Duke's, UNC-Ch's and one of these days--US.

Lville people were fine at the OB but their head coach was a total dick for not giving us props after the game.

Bobby Petrino sucks

Was my group of friends the only one that repeatedly ran into toothless, shirtless, overall-clad embarrassments from UL the entire Orange Bowl week? They were all over Miami, from our hotel in frickin Coral Gables all the way to the tailgate and stadium.

SU fans are obnoxious as hell, but at least they know how to conjugate verbs.

We were at the Days Inn South Beach, which seemed to consist entirely of Wake students and older UL fans. All the older WFU fans we saw in the area would retreat to the really nice hotels.

Lville people were fine at the OB but their head coach was a total dick for not giving us props after the game.

Bobby Petrino sucks

And he can't ride a motorcycle. If he could, he wouldn't be exiled to Western Kentucky now.

It'll be interesting to revisit this thread about a decade from now and see if we still have a love affair going with Louisville. I'm guessing not.

It'll be interesting to revisit this thread about a decade from now and see if we still have a love affair going with Louisville. I'm guessing not.

I dunno....the Reds are taking over the conference. Ville, State, VT, Clemson....does Pitt and FSU count as rednecks?

I dunno....the Reds are taking over the conference. Ville, State, VT, Clemson....does Pitt and FSU count as rednecks?

Pitt....no, not as long as there's a WVU. FSU, yes.

I'll come to the defense of Syracuse fans since I know a fair amount of them. Good people who know a lot about college sports, and their school is somewhat underrated in terms of academics. We will enjoy having them in the ACC. They bring a lot of passion and actually try to succeed in athletics unlike MSD. They will also own the ACC tourney if the conference ever decides to host it in Madison Square Garden. Syracuse fans in NYC don't mess around.

I take both umbrage and exception.

Thought I would get this from someone here. No offense intended. Just an observation of those seen in Atlanta last night.

Michigan fans that I saw were all normal, but the least represented group. Wichita St fans were midwest rednecks, but great fun to talk to and having a great time. Louisville were proud, loud and occasionally over-the-top, but respectful. Syracuse tools running around were mostly drunk, stupid and either making fun of southerners or trying to start fights.

Plus, it doesn't help that the only Syracuse fan I know personally is an unrelentingly obnoxious prick.

U of L is a state school, so they're going to have their share of Walmart fans, who produce the knuckle draggers. Believe me there are a lot more UK knuckle draggers than U of L knuckle draggers. UK has the entire eastern KY Hatfield & McCoy territory all to themselves.

Syracuse is a private school, but it's the only game in town in central/western NY state, so the Walmart fans are attracted to them.

My wife is from western Kentucky and I am from upstate New York. She never saw hillbillies until she went upstate with me. Syracuse benefits immensely from being from the only major state where the state universities don't play major sports.

Really? My car was surrounded by Louisville fans in the Orange Bowl parking lot. Nary a problem; pretty decent folk, I'd say. Also, the ones I met in my hotel were pretty decent too. FTR, I saw some pretty obnoxious WF fans (too much drink?).

Was my group of friends the only one that repeatedly ran into toothless, shirtless, overall-clad embarrassments from UL the entire Orange Bowl week? They were all over Miami, from our hotel in frickin Coral Gables all the way to the tailgate and stadium.

SU fans are obnoxious as hell, but at least they know how to conjugate verbs.

I'm a big fan of grammatical correctness, but just to be clear, if Ron Wellman stood up and said, "I done gone an fired Jeff [Redacted] cause he don't know nuthin' about basketball," I would be very happy.

I, for one, welcome our new Cardinal and Orange overlords. I hope their success against us leads us to a quicker firing of Ron Wellman and Jeff [Redacted]. #racetothebottom

My experiences with the UL people at the Orange Bowl was generally very good. Only thing I didn't like was that their "C-A-R-D-S" was their main cheer but that's nothing. Most fans I ran into were complimentary of WF and told us good game. I compare this to my time in Charlotte with UConn people, many of whom I wished to physically harm as they were so f-ing annoying.

Was at the games on Saturday. Seats were lower level, one section over from the Syracuse section. Syracuse fans were the worst. Was in line at the concession stand during the first game and these two dudes in their late-20's were making a point to talk loudly and insult everyone around them and ogle the women. I left the seats for a while and came back in the second half of the Syracuse/Michigan game. Came back and some Cuse fans had moved into the seats - no big deal, right? I'm cool with that, but when I ask them to hop up they start acting like it's a problem, despite the fact that they had moved down from the upper level. I had fun cheering for Michigan the rest of the way. They were actually proud to have Derrick Coleman as an alum.

Also, sat next to Duke's Kenny Dennard.

Mark Gottfried was on our row too, but one section over. I saw him after the game and walked out of the stadium with him, but didn't talk to him. Actually, nobody talked to him. It's like he was invisible. I would bet that it hurt his feelings that seemingly no one recognized him.

You could have asked him if he was Jeff [Redacted].

Back