• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SayHeyDeac's Thread For Serious Political Discourse Only--Trolls Need Not Apply

Stein's effort is 99.9% funded by Clinton supporters. So in effect she has a partnership with Clinton.

No, that means she has a partnership with Clinton supporters.

Trump broke all of the rules of normal elections. I don't think anything is going to be too low or off-limits anymore.

His supporters should embrace the new normal he has created.

Last edited:
Grandma shops for Thanksgiving dinner. #scoop

She's playing it right. She's staying out of the fray doing grandma stuff.

She doesn't have to do anything. She has already conceded. In the unlikely event that fraudulent methods were detected that rigged the election, then that would change everything.

I'm not the least bit surprised that the polls were wrong. The Media & all the Clinton supporters did everything they could to shame & ridicule anyone who said that he was going to vote for Trump (and still are, if this board is any indication)...and did everything they could to create the appearance that Clinton was going to win in a walk.

This is called an hypothesis to explain an observed phenomenon. You don't have any actual data to support this and it is at best, just as likely as the hypothesis that Russian hackers accessed the voting machines in these three states and manipulated the results. Until we really study the phenomenon we won't know which hypothesis is correct.

A bipartisan team of former elected officials should look at this after the dust settles (comprised like the Boyles-Simpson Commission a few years ago). Stein is simply taking advantage of stunned Clinton supporters who will do almost anything to change the outcome. It would be interesting to see the list of donors; I suspect it includes a few of the celebs who vowed to leave the country if Trump won.

Stein is taking advantage of stunned Clinton supporters who can barely get out of bed right now. The 1 Clinton supporter is much louder than the 20 Trump supporters. People came out for Obama in 2008 for change.

Somehow, the same thing happened this year. Trump's crazy, but he won and for now, the popular vote is irrelevant.

All the "rigged" garbage reminds me of hanging chads in 2000. Sad times in the good 'ole USA.

It does not strike me as equally likely that Russian hackers hacked into voting machines in the rust belt as it does that they didn't. Then again, my MO is typically to require some serious proof before giving credence to a tin foil hat theory. Maybe that's just me.

Impartiality would conclude that there is currently equal evidence for BKFs "people were too embarrassed to anonymously talk to pollsters" hypothesis as there is for the Russian hacker hypothesis. There is no evidence for either one, if I am wearing a tin foil hat so is anyone else proposing an explanation as to how the polls were so wrong and trump won. What we do know is that the polls were pretty badly wrong in those three states right up until the day before the election and now people are proposing explanations. If an explanation like some one hacked the machines and manipulated the results is correct and we don't study it, there are really big consequences (e.g., giving the presidency to an asshole that didn't win and is bringing in a pretty radical agenda). Seems worth studying, for science and shit.

It does not strike me as equally likely that Russian hackers hacked into voting machines in the rust belt as it does that they didn't. Then again, my MO is typically to require some serious proof before giving credence to a tin foil hat theory. Maybe that's just me.

From what I've heard, people are trying to investigate to find if there is some serious proof. Surely you're for that, right?

How hard is this evidence? Do you like it harder than this?

Evidence suggest voter registration systems in 20 states were hacked prior to the election.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...s-target-election-systems-20160930-story.html

From your link:
Federal officials and many cybersecurity experts have said it would be nearly impossible for hackers to alter an election's outcome because election systems are very decentralized and generally not connected to the internet.

I think you posted the wrong link. Your link says:

And

Do you have a different link?

Ha! I am obviously really bad at Trolling so I'll stop. I can see now that I am getting a little carried away.

I hope Trump actually won the presidency and I hope he doesn't enable irrpairable damage to our environment before his term is over.

You're so dumb. That is not actually a type of shaving razor, and I have a beard so I don't shave. Haha jokes on you.

bkf and June may think you wear flannel and stocking cap (or in NC toboggan). don't all of you? :)

SOS pick reportedly down to Mitt, Rudy, Corker, and Petreus. Conway passively aggressively dissing Mitt via Twitter. Can't see Trump's base overjoyed by any of those picks.

SOS pick reportedly down to Mitt, Rudy, Corker, and Petreus. Conway passively aggressively dissing Mitt via Twitter. Can't see Trump's base overjoyed by any of those picks.

Please stop trying assume Trump's base actually cares what he does. It will save you a lot of heartache.

Back