• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SayHeyDeac's Thread For Serious Political Discourse Only--Trolls Need Not Apply

They are players that must respond to market forces. It is often wise to pay more than the bare minimum you have to for an employee. Happy employees tend to be more productive, are more likely to be retained, and are more likely to enhance your companies reputation. Paying the bare minimum is often penny-wise and dollar foolish but some employers will not see that. An above average employee deserves above average pay for the job he is doing since he is producing on at an "above replacement" level.

Unfortunately large, publicly traded companies often times are so scared of their quarterly earnings that they make the easy short term decision. Granted my personal situation may be coloring my thoughts some.

Why is healthcare or any cost of living a labor cost? Labor should be equivalent to the actual value of the service provided.
That's a fair question. I think the value of labor should be dependent upon the skill, experience, or effort needed and the employees time value.

That's a fair question. I think the value of labor should be dependent upon the skill, experience, or effort needed and the employees time value.

If you do this without a minimum wage, only employers have any input. If you eliminate the minimum wage and have number of hours have any relevance to per hour pay, a vast majority of low wage earners will become part-time. There would be massive benefit to employers to make this so.

Further, by having no minimum wage, the next rungs of pay will go lower.

On the other hand, when the minimum wage is raised dramatically, a staged minimum wage based on geography could make sense. Something like a scale from $12-15/hour depending on location.

Jill Stein is not taking the L and has raised over $3 million in 36 hours to mount a recount effort in PA, MI, and WI. Her demand is based in these reports that some computer scientists think there is some evidence of voting anomalies and hacking. She said that if Hillary won't challenge the results, she and the Green Party will.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...und-michigan-wisconsin-pennsylvania?CMP=fb_gu

It does not seem like an out tageous claim to me considering how different the results were from almost all the polling data prioror to Election Day and giving all the politically motivated hacking that occurred prior to the election (e.g., Wikileaks DNC releases evidently trying to throw the election to trump). However I also understand the sentiment that we should just take the L and accept the results. I am so thorough concerned about the negative environmental impacts of Trump Pence and I think it is worth pushing for a recount now.

Jill Stein is not taking the L and has raised over $3 million in 36 hours to mount a recount effort in PA, MI, and WI. Her demand is based in these reports that some computer scientists think there is some evidence of voting anomalies and hacking. She said that if Hillary won't challenge the results, she and the Green Party will.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...und-michigan-wisconsin-pennsylvania?CMP=fb_gu

It does not seem like an out tageous claim to me considering how different the results were from almost all the polling data prioror to Election Day and giving all the politically motivated hacking that occurred prior to the election (e.g., Wikileaks DNC releases evidently trying to throw the election to trump). However I also understand the sentiment that we should just take the L and accept the results. I am so thorough concerned about the negative environmental impacts of Trump Pence and I think it is worth pushing for a recount now.

The country would be worse off if it turned out the election was rigged than it would be with President Trump. He won. Move on.

Stein feeling some guilt for her yeoman efforts in the country having a President Trump with a Pub congress?

I agree but we'd be even worse off if there was some widespread election rigging that went undiscovered.

I agree but we'd be even worse off if there was some widespread election rigging that went undiscovered.

A bipartisan team of former elected officials should look at this after the dust settles (comprised like the Boyles-Simpson Commission a few years ago). Stein is simply taking advantage of stunned Clinton supporters who will do almost anything to change the outcome. It would be interesting to see the list of donors; I suspect it includes a few of the celebs who vowed to leave the country if Trump won.

A bipartisan team of former elected officials should look at this after the dust settles (comprised like the Boyles-Simpson Commission a few years ago). Stein is simply taking advantage of stunned Clinton supporters who will do almost anything to change the outcome. It would be interesting to see the list of donors; I suspect it includes a few of the celebs who vowed to leave the country if Trump won.

Not sure why Stein would want to help Clinton since she did everything in her power to push the election to Trump. It gives Clinton supporters who want to push this issue an out of being able to do it through Stein.

Well there are state deadlines for applying for a recount. I don't know if she raised more money than would be necessary to pay for the recounts. Unless that's the case, not sure how she's "taking advantage" if anybody.

What do you think should happen if a bipartisan team looked at this after Trump was inaugurated and found hacking resulted in uncounted votes for Hillary that would have given her the win?

Take the findings to Congress and look for an orderly solution; either way its a can of worms that would be destructive for the country.

Take the findings to Congress and look for an orderly solution; either way its a can of worms that would be destructive for the country.

That would set up a scenario in which the Democrat won the popular vote and electoral college but Republicans pick the president.

All the more reason for such an investigation to start as soon as possible instead of waiting.

If Hillary believes she actually won she should be the one requesting the recount.

I'm not the least bit surprised that the polls were wrong. The Media & all the Clinton supporters did everything they could to shame & ridicule anyone who said that he was going to vote for Trump (and still are, if this board is any indication)...and did everything they could to create the appearance that Clinton was going to win in a walk.

If Hillary believes she actually won she should be the one requesting the recount.

No. If she's correct, she'd be coming into office as a sore loser.

So a silent partnership with Jill Stein is the way to go. How Clintonian!

So a silent partnership with Jill Stein is the way to go. How Clintonian!

LOL. Like taking the high road this election has gotten you anywhere. For the record, I find it hard to believe that Stein would even agree to a silent partnership. She has her own reasons to do this, but it doesn't hurt Clinton if she pushes this.

Back