• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Scott Weiland found dead

Loved this video - just seemed like you were hanging with the band and a glimpse of their regular life. Sadly "one more trip and I'll be gone" sounds a bit different today.

File under "Least Surprising Celebrity Death."

Loved STP and VR, but dude was hard into drugs.

Luckily got the chance to see him about 2 years ago when he was touring with the fake STP bandmates, plus saw him with Velvet Revolver maybe 10 years ago. Just a great showman all the way around, but dude was clearly high as a kite at every opportunity. Sad loss.

RIP and all that, but he hit the "over" if an over/under bet had been made around the year 2000.

Looks like I've pulled ahead in my death pool.

I'd forgotten how good Interstate Love Song is.

Weird intro though.

Damn. Haven't thought about Weiland in a while, but STP was one of my favorites growing up. Core was the 2nd album I ever bought.

Last edited:
I think Big Empty is their best song - the blues'y elements and the fast loud dynamic of STP have definitely influenced my tastes in rock music.

One of my first real moments of music hipsterism was when I was 9 (maybe 10) and I was sitting on a bench inside of a Shoneys in Richmond (?) Kentucky waiting on my mom to get off work. I decided to play Interstate Love Song on the jukebox 2 times in a row because I liked it so much, and all the waitresses and busboys were frowning at me.

This is bad, but I though he was already dead.

You're not alone. My brother texted me the news this am: "Scott Weiland died. I thought he was already dead."

RIP. Was definitely a fan, but I am a little disappointed Milhouse didn't post "So he's dead and bloated then."

Been listening to a STP channel all day on youtube. Many songs I remember from my teenage years but didnt recall being a STP song.

Playing all STP on VH1 Classic this morning.

Back