• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SCOTUS decisions

So we can use a wealth test to determine if someone isn’t eligible to receive government support.

President Bernie could find a use for that.

I don't mind a "wealth" test, just like we approve H-1B's for professionals but we don't approve H-1B's for dishwashers.

I would make more sense if immigrants used up a disproportionate share of public benefits but they don’t. In fact they’re less likely to use welfare benefits than the average American.

No surprise. Anyone who thought that this Court (or lower courts filled with Trump appointees) wouldn't go after minority rights that took decades (or in many cases multiple generations) to win was fooling themselves. I've heard even liberals say that the Court wouldn't dare touch gay marriage rights, but imo they are also fooling themselves. Hell, one of the main purposes of the whole Trump movement is reactionary - to take things back to some imagined golden age of the 80s or 70s or 50s or whatever. To think that Trumpites would settle for just halting any further social or cultural or political or legal progress on civil rights or civil liberties, or liberal economic policies, is naive. Once they get enough hard-right judges in the federal courts and Supreme Court, it's on.

Right. Republic voters and politicians don’t care what anyone else thinks. They’re not worried about the middle. Why would Republican judges care? At the most there would be some Collins/Junebug type concern.

Right. Republic voters and politicians don’t care what anyone else thinks. They’re not worried about the middle. Why would Republican judges care? At the most there would be some Collins/Junebug type concern.

Let’s not overreact with concern. Trouble will suffice.

Lol. I love when Junebug comes in and pretends like he didn't just google some Federalist article on the subject, all while ignoring the point. Right on cue. Even pulling out the "moreover".

I know common sense and practical realities don't matter to pretend originalists like you and the extremist hacks on the court, but the fact that you don't understand the differences between accommodating disabilities and religion is all anyone needs to know. When accommodating a disability, employers are entitled to get proof of the disability from a doctor (with frequent updates) as well as detailed information from the doctor as to what accommodations might work, and then engage in the interactive process -- which includes making counter-proposals of reasonable accommodations that would still allow the employee to perform the essential functions of the job. In other words, the employer can ultimately decide what the accommodation is. Religious accommodations are amorphous, perpetual, and cannot be updated or proven by a certified third party (a legitimate third party). Disability accommodations, by their nature and frequency, require significantly more cost, and if you applied a de minimis standard to them, no disabled people would be employed. Not apples to apples in any way, and any attempt to change that and upset 45 years of settled law (read: activist) is clearly an attempt to give religious people (read: Christians) a license to practice whatever extreme views they want in the workplace. Complete nightmare for employers.

Last edited:
We flatter you because you’re a big phony when you pretend the objectives of these cases/rulings aren’t to draw straight lines to results that permit prejudice in the name of the 1st Amendment.

I guess I should be flattered?

This is going to be hard for you to hear, but you need to come to grips with the fact that there are conservatives that are just smarter than you. Moreover, I am one of them.

There is literally nothing about you that should be flattered. You are a hack among hacks.

Back