• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SCOTUS decisions

I mean, look at Millhouse.

d7323590-75d0-4291-a731-1ab404474a51_d.jpg

it was theoretical to my larger point that money is more important than # of parents, i have no data to back it up

It so happens that I'm working on a paper using data from the National Longitudinal Study of Youth (NLSY97) and I have some data to test your points.

Controlling for parents' net worth, residential mother's education, residential father's education, and several HS academic variables, respondents who did not report having a residential father had fewer years of university enrollment. I did not find any difference in earning a BS or BA degree or in having a technical or professional STEM occupation (the purpose of the paper).

The data is available for public use if Townie or anybody else wants to check it out. Data collection started when respondents were in high school and they are currently in their late 20s/early 30s.

Saw Chris Wallace interview Ted Olson twice on Fox News Sunday and both times Wallace was very sympathetic and supportive of marriage equality. Wallace was off yesterday and it appears that Fox and/or FNS producers went out of their way to protect small town bakers, florists, photographers who refuse to be involved in anything to do with same-sex marriages.

Not surprised that Fox is not supporting the civil disobedience methods of marriage equality opposition advocated by Huckabee, Cruz, Santorum, and Jindal, but kind of thought Fox would want to move on since any extended battles on marriage equality are likely net losers for the GOP. Wallace was openly hostile toward Roy Moore in a relatively recent interview. Fox has to know how corporate America views ham fisted religious freedom laws, but they appear to be all in on on extending battles for social conservatives.

I'mma raise my kids in a three parent household and make all y'all look silly.

Not surprised that Fox is not supporting the civil disobedience methods of marriage equality opposition advocated by Huckabee, Cruz, Santorum, and Jindal, but kind of thought Fox would want to move on since any extended battles on marriage equality are likely net losers for the GOP. Wallace was openly hostile toward Roy Moore in a relatively recent interview. Fox has to know how corporate America views ham fisted religious freedom laws, but they appear to be all in on on extending battles for social conservatives.

That assumes that Fox News' agenda is improving the chances of the GOP and not $$$$$.

Apropos of nothing, the most badass tree house in our neighborhood was constructed by a gay couple for their children. Two stories, Victorian details, balcony, interior furnishings, you name it. Perfect combination of construction know-how and sweet decorating skills, those guys.

Damn. Don't know your neighborhood, but that could be the most badass house period.

Had a friend next door growing up whose dad built him a 3 story tree house with stairs that wrapped around the trunk

Back