• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Scout's Relationship with the Athletic Dept.

Name another example of this playing out in the previous six months.

Ugh, you're going all RJ on me, asking to remember some detail from months ago.

Umm, I'll have to think. Some of the general recruiting information about people like Lekan, etc. gets posted on the free boards from time to time. When something is "old news" on Premium, Deman or catu will just make a single, matter of fact post in the middle of a free board thread.

Not sure what you mean.

I believe what he is saying why wouldn't players recruited to the same college transfer to the same high school for their senior year.

Maybe it wasn't, but I know you quoted me when I said it and said it was the first time you'd heard about that :geek:

Haha, okay, I'll grant you this one.

Still waiting on the other thing, though. Jack's overarching point was this board is already impacting Scout's operation, and I think that's pretty obvious.

ETA: Ranger thinking of an example doesn't count.

Oh come on, I can use Ranger's example!

And it definitely has affected the overall operation. There was a ton of discussion on premium the other day (prompted by Townie's thread) that led to ideas to improve the premium experience. They seem to be taking some of it to heart.

I think it's difficult for them. Under Skip/Dino, some of the insiders were fed information. Under Bzz, I think things have been a little more tight-lipped.

But that's the crux of the issue: what do people want from Premium? Some want recruiting info. Others want a more private, reasoned board experience, free from trolls and RULZ. Still others just want discussion of our sports teams from those with an inside view.

I think Premium used to be thought of as only a "recruiting" board. Now they're working harder to cover their bases, I think.

Also, just saw that ty=pussy is a tag on this thread. Good stuff.

And it definitely has affected the overall operation. There was a ton of discussion on premium the other day (prompted by Townie's thread) that led to ideas to improve the premium experience. They seem to be taking some of it to heart.

I think it's difficult for them. Under Skip/Dino, some of the insiders were fed information. Under Bzz, I think things have been a little more tight-lipped.

But that's the crux of the issue: what do people want from Premium? Some want recruiting info. Others want a more private, reasoned board experience, free from trolls and RULZ. Still others just want discussion of our sports teams from those with an inside view.

I think Premium used to be thought of as only a "recruiting" board. Now they're working harder to cover their bases, I think.

So there's the culture change.

Put on your big girl panties. Nobody even really notices those things without them being pointed out.

Good job on hurting Wake Forest by pointing out bad things about our fan base!!!

Jerk.

Ugh, you're going all RJ on me, asking to remember some detail from months ago.

Umm, I'll have to think. Some of the general recruiting information about people like Lekan, etc. gets posted on the free boards from time to time. When something is "old news" on Premium, Deman or catu will just make a single, matter of fact post in the middle of a free board thread.

I can't recall ever seeing this, but I guess I don't look for these kinds of things.

As I see it, Premium has to be based on inside information, both recruiting and overall. Discussion just can't be it. I mean, there are some high WPT seeds who've plopped down $8/month and start duke/unc polls on Premium while BabyDeac posts on the free board at a reasonable clip. And then there's still the all-consuming PhDeac/Demun rivalry to consider.

Actually, a lot of the premium model is off-putting to me. Probably would take more time than I have right now to work my way through my thoughts on it, but I don't think it's either smart or responsible to pass along sensitive information regarding Wake's athletic programs to anyone willing to pay.

As I see it, Premium has to be based on inside information, both recruiting and overall. Discussion just can't be it. I mean, there are some high WPT seeds who've plopped down $8/month and start duke/unc polls on Premium while BabyDeac posts on the free board at a reasonable clip. And then there's still the all-consuming PhDeac/Demun rivalry to consider.

Actually, a lot of the premium model is off-putting to me. Probably would take more time than I have right now to work my way through my thoughts on it, but I don't think it's either smart or responsible to pass along sensitive information regarding Wake's athletic programs to anyone willing to pay.

I'm not familiar with most other message boards, especially those dealing with college athletics. Is this how most boards work? Theres a premium section where people pay for "insider" information? Or is this unique to DeaconSports and Wake?

I'm not familiar with most other message boards, especially those dealing with college athletics. Is this how most boards work? Theres a premium section where people pay for "insider" information? Or is this unique to DeaconSports and Wake?

Most boards are affiliated with Scout or Rivals and do depend on some amount of inside information, though it's usually geared towards recruiting.

On second thought, DS's Premium's best bet is to have Chrispy become a contributor and have kickoff time speculation only on the pay board.

Back