• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Scout's Relationship with the Athletic Dept.

Monitoring and censoring the Scout boards is the most LOWF thing I can imagine.

Getting the word that some of the DS mods are essentially calling me a liar for this post.

Fuck them and fuck that. Like I said, I can't vouch for the veracity of what was relayed to me, but I can vouch for the fact that it was relayed to me.

This was all kind of fun and games until now, but them questioning my integrity (behind my e-back, mind you) is stoking my Irish temper a bit.

ETA: specifically cagles and Naz. Fuck cagles and Naz. The rest of their crew is okay w/ me.

Last edited:
Getting the word that some of the DS mods are essentially calling me a liar for this post.

Fuck them and fuck that. Like I said, I can't vouch for the veracity of what was relayed to me, but I can vouch for the fact that it was relayed to me.

This was all kind of fun and games until now, but them questioning my integrity (behind my e-back, mind you) is stoking my Irish temper a bit.

Not surprising, really.

I wonder what they are saying about me?! cagles must love me as much as I love him.

The whys and hows don't really concern me. The board had become more controlling and less responsive over time.

Tony went at Ty's head during last year's summer league. LD and Ty have a verbal altercation every year, including LD calling him a "fucking pussy" very loudly for everyone to hear last year.

Ty has also been punched in the face by TW multiple times. In summer pickup games and practice. One time resulting in Ty calling his mother.

Ty has also been punched in the face by TW multiple times. In summer pickup games and practice. One time resulting in Ty calling his mother.

This is hilarious. Ty Walker will be a player we talk about for decades to come.

Thanks for the new boards. I'm more of a lurker than a poster but appreciate the fact that you guys have set this up. I saw WakePhan09 over the weekend and he mentioned the new boards.

I don't know what the connection is between the Athletic Department and the scout.com site but the level of thread deletion over there seems to have gotten out of hand.

I know the university(and A.D.) doesn't want unfavorable information to get out, but in the era of camera phones, twitter sites, etc. stuff is bound to get out. I'd love to hear some positive stuff about current athletes as well from posters on this board.

Thanks again for the new site!

None of this is altogether surprising. Given that you've received this information from several third party sources, it sounds totally credible.

I find it humorous they are so worried about the control of information about Wake Forest sports that they feel threatened by this board, by #BuzzOut, and by things posted on the free NK Sports board.

Perhaps rather than worrying about suppressing fans' fears about the program, they should work on bettering the program itself. The boards really are representative of Wake alumni opinion on the whole about Bzzz, the program, and the AD's office. They can accept that or ignore it, potentially at their own peril. But they ought not to pretend as if #BuzzOut and the dissatisfaction within the fanbase is confined to loony internet posters. It's very real.

BuzzOUT

But they ought not to pretend as if #BuzzOut and the dissatisfaction within the fanbase is confined to loony internet posters. It's very real.

This. I talk with many many Deac regularly ... most of whom never visit the boards. Not a single person thought this was a good hire last spring and are now convinced.

Just found this board. Will be checking back often.

Not sure if it was addressed in this 18+ page thread ( I don't have time to read it all), but the premium boards on DS lacks full independence now. A mod and I (in a constructive manner) went back and forth with each other on one thread about this issue. It's like the Tobacco companies telling you they have research that shows smoking is not bad for your health.

Whoa, anthropology major. Sweet. I wonder if she posts.

I have class with her on Tuesdays and Thursdays and we've talked in the past about scout/recruiting/etc. Nice girl that kind of just found her niche with the recruiting articles.

Won't be heading to class for a bit but next time I see her I'll bring up these boards and get her opinion on it all.

I haven't had the experiences that many of you have had, but I never had anyone in the Athletic Department ever try to influence or alter any of my posts. I also don't have a problem with Naz as a moderator at all. I think he's a terrific person, great representative of WFU, and I have not seen any change in his posting style since taking over.

*edited out*

In full disclosure, I am a big supporter of Ron Wellman and fully drink the kool-aid on his vision for Wake Forest.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't had the experiences that many of you have had, but I never had anyone in the Athletic Department ever try to influence or alter any of my posts. I also don't have a problem with Naz as a moderator at all. I think he's a terrific person, great representative of WFU, and I have not seen any change in his posting style since taking over.

*edited out*

In full disclosure, I am a big supporter of Ron Wellman and fully drink the kool-aid on his vision for Wake Forest.

That was courageous; but, you may not find a warm welcome here. Just an impression.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad to have anyone over here. I don't think GoDeacs has been around once the crackdown allegedly began.

I appreciate what GoDeacs has to say. Don't necessarily agree with some of what he says but it is interesting to see what someone connected to DS has to say. Regardless of how active he has been recently over there, receiving more information on this situation cannot hurt.

why the hell wouldn't GM get a warm reception over here?

welcome aboard.

Back