• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Scout's Relationship with the Athletic Dept.

How much does Mr. Shutt earn? Hell, I can say things like "I'm sure our record will be different next year."

Don't ask me to ask him fucking questions if he is just going to give me party line excuses. Insults my intelligence.

Also a good point. And if it's true that he posts on the boards, but then specifically told you he only lurks, he's asking for backlash. It's karma.

Steve Shutt shouldn't have asked me to ask him questions if all he planned to do was provide me with fluff responses, which he did. Hell, he refused to really answer 3 of my 5 questions.

It's that level of arrogance that they can ask for something then deny answers when asked is what pisses me off about this Ath Dept.

I'm sure Steve is a nice guy, and I'm definitely giving him too much hell here, but that is his job, so he needs to just get on with it.

Also a good point. And if it's true that he posts on the boards, but then specifically told you he only lurks, he's asking for backlash. It's karma.

I have no doubt what he told me about him posting was nonsense.

"I fear others are misrepresenting me!" or something to that effect was the actual quote. Just smelled of bullshit. 3-4 different sources don't point out the same person independently unless there is fire behind the smoke.

Again, just Steve insulting our intelligence. Pretty much par for the course with the Wellman administration these past 15 months.

Feed us lies and bullshit and expect us to eat it up.

Steve Shutt shouldn't have asked me to ask him questions if all he planned to do was provide me with fluff responses, which he did. Hell, he refused to really answer 3 of my 5 questions.

It's that level of arrogance that they can ask for something then deny answers when asked is what pisses me off about this Ath Dept.

I'm sure Steve is a nice guy, and I'm definitely giving him too much hell here, but that is his job, so he needs to just get on with it.

Best thing Mr. Shutt could ever do would be to hire you, even just as a gag for April 1.

You'd be a good sport about it, I'm sure, and it'd be rather humorous for all involved.

Think on it, AD gurus, think on it! I'm an idea man and this is all for free

Thanks for the info guys. This board is awesome and was very much needed. Seems like the athletic department is trying to turn the scout boards into wakeforestsports.com. Incredibly pathetic that the athletic department has gotten that involved with a message board. Soo LOWF

Thanks for the info guys. This board is awesome and was very much needed. Seems like the athletic department is trying to turn the scout boards into wakeforestsports.com. Incredibly pathetic that the athletic department has gotten that involved with a message board. Soo LOWF

Streamin! Right back at you man, I only watched this year's debacle because of you, most of the time. (On second thought, not sure I should be thanking you for that ...)

My 6-month recurring subscription expires on March 25th for insider. 90% sure I'm going to cancel. Only reason I wouldn't is that I have the disposable income and it would be interesting to compare the sites.

My 6-month recurring subscription expires on March 25th for insider. 90% sure I'm going to cancel. Only reason I wouldn't is that I have the disposable income and it would be interesting to compare the sites.

DeaconKing swore to us he couldn't do what DS or even Rivals does, but after this week's update, I'm not so sure about that

Best thing Mr. Shutt could ever do would be to hire you, even just as a gag for April 1.

You'd be a good sport about it, I'm sure, and it'd be rather humorous for all involved.

Think on it, AD gurus, think on it! I'm an idea man and this is all for free

At least the twats would know what they are getting. I hold no punches. If I think you are a fuckhead...I'll call you a fuckhead.

Better than lying about everything that you don't approve of, eh Steve?

Mental note: don't get stuck in DV7's craw. Particularly on Friday or Saturday night.

People build up cred with me. I'm very loyal to those that I like.

To those that I don't like or think they are cunts...I'm ruthless. I don't believe in being fake. Never have. Never will.

I, for one, would be scared to ever pick an e-fight with dv7. His interwebs tenacity knows no bounds.

In real life, I think I'd fare much better. I wouldn't straight up fight him, obviously, but I think I could easily win a foot race.

Consider that a challenge, dv7.

Scout sucked on so many levels:

1. Antiquated board functions.
2. Inability to deal with rogue virus attacks for months.
3. Poor insider information. The real value in insider information is for football recruiting, and they were very poor in this regard.
4. More concern about protecting WF image than running a WF board. If you are a troll from another school, you have free reign, yet you say something that the AD dept doesn't like and they jumped into action like a team of ninjas.

The only reason I would have loyalty to that site is traffic.

Exactly ChrisL, especially on #4. That board totally mirrors what lots of people hate about WFU. We're more worried about welcoming outsiders than protecting our own. We have UNC posters shitting on WFU for months/years, yet when a WFU poster talks shit about Wake, he's banned. Awesome.

I, for one, would be scared to ever pick an e-fight with dv7. His interwebs tenacity knows no bounds.

In real life, I think I'd fare much better. I wouldn't straight up fight him, obviously, but I think I could easily win a foot race.

This made me laugh.

Challenge accepted!

Back