• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Scout's Relationship with the Athletic Dept.

cagles won't even respond to my PMs anymore.

They don't respond to 75% of the questions people ask in threads. And I'm not even talking about ridiculous questions. I'm talking about "Where are we with the post-grad?" and "Can you tell me if the juco we are after is from one of the 48 continental states?"

Yeah, but I want more details. Chas won a rematch? How the fuck did that happen? Where did the rematch happen? Inquiring minds want to know.

I'm a '05 grad. I heard the story at 3am at a Homecoming party this past fall ... so I don't have much more to tell. I'm sure some of the strapping recent grads do, though!

Maybe we can finally get some details about that Loren Woods vs. Joseph Amonett fight from back in the day.

Maybe we can finally get some details about that Loren Woods vs. Joseph Amonett fight from back in the day.

I'd give you the scoop, but I was like twelve. I didn't miss a game though!

How hot in school was Timmy D's wife? Because, in my estimation, she's still smoking.

Well played, Timmy.

They don't respond to 75% of the questions people ask in threads. And I'm not even talking about ridiculous questions. I'm talking about "Where are we with the post-grad?" and "Can you tell me if the juco we are after is from one of the 48 continental states?"

cagles was very responsive with me. Then all the sudden the responses stopped.

I readily admit I was a dick on their boards. But in the PMs, while I still had a "you are being a patsy" feel to it I was interested in engaging them. The engagement continued until this all looked like it seriously might work.

I feel for cagles. He is obviously a small man that doesn't have the self-confidence to stand up for himself when a bid bad entity like the Ath Dept comes knocking at his door.

Standing up to those people isn't easy for cowards.

Loren Woods was the original Ty Walker. His sophomore year he was playing like a headcase. So Odom suspended him. Odom later goes to talk to Loren in his dorm room. The entire time Odom was speaking Loren was playing his playstation never taking his eyes off the screen. Odom gets pissed that Woods is ignoring picks up the playstation & smashes it before storming out.

That's how the story on campus went anyway.

Loren Woods was the original Ty Walker. His sophomore year he was plaing like a headcase. So Odom suspended him. Odom later goes to talk to Loren in his dorm room. The entire time Odom was speaking Loren was playing his playstation never taking his eyes off the screen. Odom gets pissed that Woods is ignoring picks up the playstation & smashes it before storming out.

Wow. Respect for Odom.

Props to Odom.

This is Steve Shutt. He appreciates my passion for Wake Forest.

1657313.jpeg

Sorry, but his effectively brushing me off after he requested me to ask him questions just really pissed me off. You either want tough questions or you don't, Steve.

You know my email.

The version I heard at the time was that the fight happened in practice with a scuffle escalating into Woods slugging Ammo. Doesn't seem that big a deal in hindsight maybe we'll get a replay of this with Walker & Chase next season.

Back