• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Seahawks Stole Manning's Hand Signals?

DirkTheDeac

Lord of the Board
Reaction score
That is what Richard Sherman is claiming. He says in this article they cracked the code in the first quarter and jumped on every route the rest of the game.

Link

I'm not saying they did anything wrong. If you are giving away your plays it's on you. Just thought it was interesting is all. You can only read bfk posts so long...

By stole of course you mean 'deciphered' or 'figured out during the course of the game.'

Nothing to see here, teams always try to figure out the others signals, look at baseball also. Just smart coaching and playing.

If they give hand signals they are there for anyone to see and read.

Now tapping into phone lines, that is another matter.

I don't know how much truth there is to this, but after the AFC title game, where Manning was miked up and you could pretty much hear every signal he called, I wondered if a team could take that and gain an advantage.

Same thing happened to 1 of my favorite Air Coryell teams with Fouts in the 79 playoffs where Houston stole their signs. Picked off like 5 of Fouts' passes in that game. Still pretty amazing that none of those Chargers teams got to the SB. They had Fouts, Joiner, Jefferson, Winslow, Muncie, Brooks, Fred Dean, Big Hands Johnson....

I heard that they hired this guy to be the translator...

sign-language.jpg

If they did then its stupid to admit to it....they play Denver again in the regular season next year.

See, Peyton, this is what happens when you spend too much time with Papa John. You get fucking sloppy. I know exactly how it goes. You sit next to the Papa, you listen to him sell dogshit to lowlifes, and you think to yourself "wow this guy's rich? life is fucking easy. the world's full of stooges". Well, buddy, who's ingredients are better now, you son of a bitch?

It seemed like the problem was less the DBs anticipating his passes and jumping routes, and more the DL getting in his face, hitting his arm, and deflecting passes. I also know nothing of football though.

I wonder if opposing teams did that to us (Grobe) recently. Likely, pretty easy to intercept the 3rd and short call so often. Heck, we in the stands knew the play being called without being able to see the signals given.

Richard Sherman definitely STOLE (or looted) them. Brian Urlacher would have just found them.

30957d1130004597-pepperpot-real-cool-stuff-image002.jpg

I doubt it. Mainly because if Richard Sherman knew all the hand signals, he'd tell us what exactly they figured out. "Right hand waving meant go route" or something like that. He calls out everyone on everything so why would he stop with "We figured it out."

Seahawks DL was better than Broncos OL. Seahawks DBs were better than Broncos WRs. I don't think deciphering signals had anything to do with that.

Back