• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Seahawks Stole Manning's Hand Signals?

It seemed like the problem was less the DBs anticipating his passes and jumping routes, and more the DL getting in his face, hitting his arm, and deflecting passes. I also know nothing of football though.

I think this is closer to the truth. Sherman might be stealing a little thunder here.

Riley Skinner was on the radio here in JAX recently and they asked him about trying to steal play calls.

He talked about guys being on the sideline trying but they never actually were able to pick up on it. However, I remember standing next to back up QBs as they deciphered the other side's calls. Everybody does it.

That's why Seattle's picture boards are such a genius idea.

sherlock.jpg

"Seahawks learn hand signals, and their DB's jump routes.
Manning's first read is not open, so he holds onto the ball longer.
Holding on to the ball longer makes his OL have to block longer - longer than they are accustomed to.
This lets Seattle's DL converge on Manning, applying more pressure, hitting his arm.

Also, the jumped routes means Manning's flight path to the receiver is blocked.
I believe the first interception was due to a jumped route - Manning trying an alternate route to deliver the ball (dropping it in).

Richard Sherman is telling the truth. He's gloating, an act of hubris which may one day cause him harm."

Back