• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season long College football thread

Things are shaping up nicely for Chip Kelly to get his old job back.

I only hope Texas fires Strong for Kelly right before Oregon does.

Good results for Big Ten haters (besides Michigan) like me. Best teams on OSU's schedule to this point (VT) and Michigan State (Oregon) lose to what most would deem lesser opponents. MSU is overrated to me, but no way to prove it until the playoff, unless Michigan continues to improve.

PAC-12 teams in California and Utah: quite good.
Elsewhere: shield your eyes

It is amazing how bad Oregon's defense is.

It amazes me that teams like Oregon or Baylor have their programs to the point they can recruit with just about anybody, yet refuse to recruit top level defensive talent and put emphasis that side of the ball more.

oregon and baylor don't remotely recruit on the same level as the alabamas of the world.

oregon and baylor don't remotely recruit on the same level as the alabamas of the world.

I guess I should've put that disclaimer. Point is they both recruit at a pretty high level and apparently don't put as much effort in recruiting the defensive side of the ball.

Last edited:
I guess I should've put that disclaimer. Point is they both recruit at a pretty high level and apparently don't put as much effort in recruiting the defensive side of the ball.

Oregon was one game away from a Natty and freakin Baylor was two spots away from the playoff. Hard to say their strategy was not pretty close to optimal.

Since 2010 Oregon has had only 5 5 (or 7 if you look on scout) star recruits. In that same time period FSU has had 20 (23 on rivals) 5 star recruits. Sure that's good, but in no way are they a powerhouse. However, they do develop talent phonemically. It is interesting though because year in year out they have a defense struggling to make the top 50 but an offense that is constantly a top 5. Also, of those 5 star recruits two were on defense.

Flip the cause and effect.

Yeah but the problem is its not just the conferences they play in. Oregon gives up yards and points to pretty much anybody they play. Oregon gave up 28 points and almost 450 yards to Georgia State, who lost at home to Charlotte. I know the Big 12 and Pac-12 are offensive driven leagues, but damn somebody play some defense. I'm just saying that for 2 programs that can recruit good talent, it puzzles me how bad their defenses are.

Good results for Big Ten haters (besides Michigan) like me. Best teams on OSU's schedule to this point (VT) and Michigan State (Oregon) lose to what most would deem lesser opponents. MSU is overrated to me, but no way to prove it until the playoff, unless Michigan continues to improve.

Lol ❤️❤️

Absolutely devastating loss for the Vols. Should be 4-0. Not sure where the fan base goes from here. Crazy because the improvement has been drastic but you can't drop wins like that.

Absolutely devastating loss for the Vols. Should be 4-0. Not sure where the fan base goes from here. Crazy because the improvement has been drastic but you can't drop wins like that.

Improvement in recruiting has been drastic. I wouldn't say drastically better on the field though. Offense looks pretty inept at times.

Back