• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season long College football thread

Butch went full donk in the final quarter, starting with not going for two after the last TD.

Butch went full donk in the final quarter, starting with not going for two after the last TD.

Butch went donk, for sure, but holy smokes Florida got some great breaks. They had to use all 4 downs at least 3 times in the 4th quarter (iirc, 2 on the second to last touchdown drive and 1 on the last one, including the touchdown play, which was 4th and 14) and the field goal was about a close to hitting the post as you can get. Florida stole that one.

Last edited:
Butch went donk, for sure, but holy smokes Florida got some great breaks. They had to use all 4 downs at least 3 times int the 4th quarter (iirc, 2 on the second to last touchdown drive and 1 on the last one, including the touchdown play, which was 4th and 14) and the field goal was about a close to hitting the post as you can get. Florida stole that one.

5 for 5 on fourth downs. one of the best games i've gotten to see in the swamp.

Heading down to Baton Rouge this weekend. Taking my kids to their first Tiger game. Gonna be a fun weekend. Hopefully we wont smell like corndogs when we get back.

State is receiving 10 votes in the AP Poll.

Just to recap - they have wins over Troy, Eastern Kentucky, Old Dominion, and South Alabama.

October starts conference play for most all the teams and there are some great matchups this week. Many would have made for great ESPN Gameday's, many just have good looking records.

WVa 3-0 @ OK 3-0
Bama 3-1 @ UGa 4-0
Texas Tech 3-1 @ Baylor 3-0
OSU 4-0 @ Indiana 4-0
Kansas St 3-0 @ Ok St 4-0
Ole Miss 4-0 @ Florida 4-0
Miss St 3-1 @ Tex A & M 4-0
Notre Dame 4-0 @ Clemson 3-0 [which is Game Day]
BC 3-1 @ Duke 3-1
Iowa 4-0 @ Wisconsin 3-1
Arizona 3-1 @ Stanford 3-1

Just to recap - they have wins over Troy, Eastern Kentucky, Old Dominion, and South Alabama.

And they should be receiving votes. They have had impressive wins. Meanwhile we are 2-2 and lost to unranked Syracuse & unranked Indiana just for comparison purposes.

App beat the crap out of ODU this past weekend. We'll start finding out how good State is, but I do like their offense.

Butch will be the death of me. He's put things in place for us to be competitive in every game. No doubt that's an improvement. But he seems to have zero knack for finishing these games. If we lose to Arkansas, I may jump off the top of the stadium. Havent we suffered enough?

Butch will be the death of me. He's put things in place for us to be competitive in every game. No doubt that's an improvement. But he seems to have zero knack for finishing these games. If we lose to Arkansas, I may jump off the top of the stadium. Havent we suffered enough?

Things that spoiled fans of "powerhouse" football programs say.

Bring back Lane.

Don't worry UT, Georgia will be completely deflated after the Bama game this weekend, win or lose, that you'll be able to beat them easily on 10/10.

Heading down to Baton Rouge this weekend. Taking my kids to their first Tiger game. Gonna be a fun weekend. Hopefully we wont smell like corndogs when we get back.

"now, watch how daddy drinks a whole keg by himself"

at least you got on tv tho

Screen-Shot-2015-09-24-at-12.33.10-PM.jpg

Back