• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season long College football thread

Spurrier is done. Headed to one of my best HS friend and Gamecock alumnus' wedding in two weekends in DC. I hope I don't have to break the news.

Where does Oklahoma rank on the list of best programs of the last 10 years?

Where does Oklahoma rank on the list of best programs of the last 10 years?

101 wins and 0 national championships. Somewhere in the top 10, Bama, FSU, UF, OSU, Texas, Auburn and LSU all won national championships and I'd put OSU(110 and 1), Bama (107 and 3), LSU(103 and 1), FSU(96 and 1), UF(94 and 2) LSU(103 and 1) ahead of them in no order. So for me 7.

Last edited:
tumblr_malhscJ1Qu1qcytwbo1_500.jpg
Arkansas is done for the year.

Miss State may win this game but they're just not very bright.

Cost their own FG kicker 5 yards with delay of game.

Miss State may win this game but they're just not very bright.

Cost their own FG kicker 5 yards with delay of game.

Sure but that kicker was so bad (20/35, long of 40) that they were screwed by not getting the ball in the red zone.

I can't stand the SEC. They went a pedestrian 7-5 in bowls last year and this week showed that they aren't quite as good as the voters think they are.

Who really cares this early in the season? It all sorts itself out

Does it though? There aren't a lot of inter-conference matchups amongst the power 5

There is no way in hell ten SEC teams can remain in the top 25. They all play each other. A few will rise to the top and one or maybe two will make the playoff. All this hand wringing over UT, Miss State, Ole Miss, Arkansas, etc being in the top 25 is worthless chatter. This early in the season there are a lot of misfires from the media. Remember we were ranking in the pre-season and then Air Force happened? Or remember last year when everyone had their panties in a bunch early in the season and the SEC teams lost and the best one (Bama) rose to the top? As mentioned earlier, the media plays things up for the huge/rabid fan bases. It's good for business.

It's strange that the phrase "and then Air Force happened" can apply to both revenue sports for us

Georgia's going to lose four games this year. That quarterback is fucking awful.

Back