• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season long College football thread

Briles isn't going anywhere. He's paid $4.2 million/year at Baylor. What would Texas be willing to throw at him? $5 million/year? I don't know if that is a big enough bump to lure him away from a program that's considerably better than Texas right now.

Plus, he's King at Baylor, the man that brought that program to national prominence. He'd never get that at Texas.

If Chad Morris has a good year or 2 at SMU, he or Art Briles will be in line next at Texas if Charlie can't turn it around or isn't given enough time to turn it around.

I hope Chad Morris lights it up at SMU and he eventually moves over to Texas.

The better fit for Texas is in Houston. Tom Herman is building a powerhouse over there and I think he is a Texas native. He was Urban Meyer's Offensive coordinator at Ohio State and one of primary recruiting area was Texas. To top it all off, the man is a genius. He's literally a member of MENSA.

Seems a little silly to say someone is building a powerhouse after two games (esp when Houston was already a pretty good team to begin with), but agree Herman is the real deal

I have a hard time believing that UT hasn't already tried to hire Briles.

Seems a little silly to say someone is building a powerhouse after two games (esp when Houston was already a pretty good team to begin with), but agree Herman is the real deal

I know it has only been two games, but take a look at the recruits Herman is getting at Houston. I can only imagine what he would do at Texas.

Why are Ohio State fans so bitter? I've never heard a more bitter bunch of winners. I listen to SiriusXM college sport station and Finebaum on the way home from work. Always calls from Buckeye fans who are mad about something, usually the SEC. If Wake was sitting where OSU is right now, I'd be walking on sunshine everyday.

Those people from Ohio should just go to one of their many beaches and chill da eff out.

Why are Ohio State fans so bitter? I've never heard a more bitter bunch of winners. I listen to SiriusXM college sport station and Finebaum on the way home from work. Always calls from Buckeye fans who are mad about something, usually the SEC. If Wake was sitting where OSU is right now, I'd be walking on sunshine everyday.

They've had 3 SEC coaches call them out for their schedule in the past 2 weeks. One of them went and lost to Toledo.

They've had 3 SEC coaches call them out for their schedule in the past 2 weeks. One of them went and lost to Toledo.

Yes, I know, they have mentioned that. What's the excuse the previous months?

They're probably O$U fans who live in the South (bc who doesn't GTFO out of Ohio) and are pissed that thye don't get 24/7 coverage in their local markets.

And they know they'd go in dry on the SEC because they have more capable QBs than the whole conference combined.

Good God. I have a cousin who went to Ohio State and my uncle blows scarlet and gray out of ass whenever he gets the chance now. At a wedding this summer he made a remark that Michigan is all students who couldn't get into Ohio State. Da fuq? I lived in Michigan for a while and know how insufferable some of their fans can be, but, jesus christ, stay in your lane OSU.

And they know they'd go in dry on the SEC because they have more capable QBs than the whole conference combined.

Chad Kelly is good. IDK where he'd fit on the OSU depth chart, but he's damn good.

The rest of the conference though...

Louisville wins straight-up tonight.

Good God. I have a cousin who went to Ohio State and my uncle blows scarlet and gray out of ass whenever he gets the chance now. At a wedding this summer he made a remark that Michigan is all students who couldn't get into Ohio State. Da fuq? I lived in Michigan for a while and know how insufferable some of their fans can be, but, jesus christ, stay in your lane OSU.

Geez. Michigan is one of the top publics in the country by any metric.

Back