• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season long College football thread

We played one big ten team (Indiana) and we're going to Notre Dame, one of the elite programs in the country. State has played 3 teams from the lowest FBS conferences and an FCS team. It's not even comparable. I'm not a State hater, reserve that for Duke and UNC, but that is pretty pathetic. State should be playing at least one team from another BCS conference each year.

I think it is just a matter of time when all the Big 5 conference schools will have to play another Big 5 school as part of their non-con schedule. And probably the same in timing when the 9 game conference schedule comes in like is part of the Big 12 & PAC 12. Delaney has already made that edict for the Big 10. And because we have Notre Dame, that is another great move on both Swofford's part & the ACC heads of state that brought them in and gave them the benefit of the "all but football" conference play. Having a Game Day at Clemson with ND and the money that brings in is well worth it, plus we get all those $$$ & ND gets none. But when we go to ND, we get none.

But back to State--why should their non-con schedule be any different right now then ours or Duke's? They were 0-8 two years ago & brought in a new coach in 2013, just like we did in 2014. They have ND on their rotation just like we all do. Nobody else in the ACC has brought their football up to the standards of Clemson or FSU.

State should be receiving zero votes in the polls precisely because of that schedule.

Hence why you should ignore any poll that comes out before the completion of the 6th week of games. Theyre a bunch of hogwash BS that the media makes up to get clicks and attention. No one really knows who is truly for real and who is a pretender until OOC and the start of the conference slate. Lots left to see within the ACC, let it play out.

Eh, who gives a shit about votes in the polls. State will play Clemson and FSU this year. They have to play Louisville (which may or may not be a shit show) UNC (same) and VT (ditto). If they are any good, they will finish the year 5-3 or better in conference. If they aren't, they won't. If they get to 6-2 in conference, the probably deserved to be a ranked team. Whether that is a 10-2 record because of the shitty OOC or 9-3 had they played Notre Dame and lost is basically irrelevant.

OOC schedule only matters for purposes of the playoff. And State is not going to the playoff this year unless they go undefeated. If they do that, then they most likely would have beaten whichever "legit" team they played out of conference anyways.

Agree, except it's a two year thing as State played no one OOC last year either.

True. But coming off an 0-8 season I won't complain. Same way Duke and Cutt started out building up that program with joke wins and making a bowl game until you can get your recruits in.

Eh, who gives a shit about votes in the polls. State will play Clemson and FSU this year. They have to play Louisville (which may or may not be a shit show) UNC (same) and VT (ditto). If they are any good, they will finish the year 5-3 or better in conference. If they aren't, they won't. If they get to 6-2 in conference, the probably deserved to be a ranked team. Whether that is a 10-2 record because of the shitty OOC or 9-3 had they played Notre Dame and lost is basically irrelevant.

OOC schedule only matters for purposes of the playoff. And State is not going to the playoff this year unless they go undefeated. If they do that, then they most likely would have beaten whichever "legit" team they played out of conference anyways.

screw you and your reasonable take. this is the place for outrage.

screw you and your reasonable take. this is the place for outrage.

He really breaks it down when he tells us that a 10-2 team should have been ranked all along, even though he doesn't give a shit about polls.

Shad Thornton arrested for hitting a pedestrian while riding his moped.

It's all for the $$. Guaranteed bowling for state due to weak ooc means more $$ gainz for the program

It's all for the $$. Guaranteed bowling for state due to weak ooc means more $$ gainz for the program

Bowl money is essentially split evenly amongst the teams in the ACC. (yes, the bowl team gets a double share but for the lesser bowls that may not cover expenses)

Al Golden had more draft picks than wins last year.

Miami really has torpedoed their program. Moving to whatever they are calling Joe Robbie Stadium now was a terrible decision.

I'd like to think that if Wake beat an unranked Miami team we wouldn't rush the field.

Miami really has torpedoed their program. Moving to whatever they are calling Joe Robbie Stadium now was a terrible decision.

Where else would they have moved?

Miami fans in the same predicament we were in with Bzzz. Don't want to root against your school, but also want a coaching change.

Maybe I am biased because he coached Temple out of the gutter and I will be forever grateful but he inherited a mess. I think comparing it to [Redacted] is wrong. The athletic department manufactured some phony bs that they said he needed to clean up. Golden was strapped with loss of scholarships.

Back