• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season long ex-Deac watch thread

Floyd's teams were the same. He landed O.J. Mayo, DeMar DeRozan, Taj Gibson, and Davon Jefferson. His teams recruited well, though nobody knows how legitimate half of those commitments were...

They got in trouble for Mayo and investigated for DeRozan. Floyd was forced to resign.

It's easy to recruit if you are paying players.

USC had shown signs of life in Pac-12 play and was coming off its best performance of the year, a 76-59 road win at Utah on Saturday. Ironically, it's possible that performance may have hastened O'Neill's exit. One reason for a coach to be fired at midseason is if administrators have decided he's not the longterm solution for the program but they fear a second-half turnaround could make it harder to justify firing him at season's end.

It was totally dishonest for you not to include my ENTIRE poszt:

"Thanks......surprised Pat Haden would fire O'Neill during the season, but the reality is no one liked him. Hell O'Neill's dog put out a hit on him. "

Jeff Trapagnier or something weird was on that 2001 USC. They beat Kentucky in the Sweet 16 and I remember thinking that USC had the best all name team ever.

The Jewish guy was half black. I think his name was David Blumenthal. His grandfather or great grandfather donated much of the land on which USC stands if I'm not mistaken.

That's him. He was like 6'9" and money from the corner 3. Scalabrine was a pretty good college 3-point shooter as well. I think he may have hit like 5 3s in a 4th quarter NBA playoff game at some point. The center was something Mack. And the shooting guard's last name started with a T and he played for the Nuggets for a year or two (edited to add didn't see the post above). That's three NBA players and Blumenthal was their leading scorer and not one of those 3.

He was only like 6'6 or 6'7.

As mentioned by someone else earlier, the "T" guy is Jeff Trepangier. He had Baby Jordan hops.

Sam Clancy was the center and a total college stud a la Big E; Brandon Glanville was the point guard. Bluthenthal had 27 points against Kentucky, including 6 3s. They went 6 deep. Glanville got in foul trouble against Kentucky otherwise no bench player would have played more than 6 minutes. Pretty fun team to watch.

JT and Tony Woods balling right now on ESPNU. Ari is getting some run too. I've lost count of the Wake Forest mentions.

@EvanDanielsFOX
LOL. Surprises no one. RT @JoshGershon J.T. Terrell might take 60 shots tonight.

Good game for JT. 22 points, 3 assists, 1 board, 1 steal no tos in 35 minutes. USC almost beats Oregon

Ari didn't score but did have 4 boards in 9 minutes.

Woods with 10 points and 6 boards in 28.

Woods would be nice to have with our current squad...the other two, not so much.

Yeah...if he would have stuck with us here, he'd be a 5th year senior now.

JT must have really hated O'Neill. 20 points tonight in 35 minutes.

Ari even got some burn. 6 points and 3 boards in 11 minutes.

JT must have really hated O'Neill. 20 points tonight in 35 minutes.

Ari even got some burn. 6 points and 3 boards in 11 minutes.

Let me guess. JT scored a lot, their guards scored even more, and they lost.

Looked it up. Their 2 starting guards combined for 49 points and JT was the only player on the entire roster of EITHER team to get 0 rebounds.

NBA here he comes.

Let me guess. JT scored a lot, their guards scored even more, and they lost.

Looked it up. Their 2 starting guards combined for 49 points and JT was the only player on the entire roster of EITHER team to get 0 rebounds.

NBA here he comes.

They lost on the road in OT to a likely tourney team. You are about as reasonable about JT as the Bzzzhaters are about Bzzzzz. He appears to be playing quite a bit better since being benched and with the coaching change. USC has dropped two tight games to tourney level teams. I am happy for him.

Last edited:
They lost on the road in OT to a likely tourney team. You are about as reasonable about JT as the Bzzzhaters are about Bzzzzz. He appears to be playing quite a bit better since being benched and with the coaching change. USC has dropped two tight games to tourney level teams. I am happy for him.

Love it when people accuse someone as "unreasonable" when all they do is quote facts and figures.

I know you don't really follow basketball that closely, but defense matters. It's not surprising in the least that a coaching change is good for a chucker like JTT. And he'll always be capable of putting up an Iowa because the kid has crazy talent. But he puts up points while letting his opposing guard light up the gym, and he almost never does the grunt work of rebounding or creating for others.

I wished the best for JTT when he was here and I wish him the best at USC. You can oooh and aaaah every time he has a nice offensive night in a loss all you want - it's nothing new. JTT has the tools to put up 15/10/5 on any given night. When he gets his first career double-double (or even sniffs it), I'll buy that he's improving.

Love it when people accuse someone as "unreasonable" when all they do is quote facts and figures.

I know you don't really follow basketball that closely, but defense matters. It's not surprising in the least that a coaching change is good for a chucker like JTT. And he'll always be capable of putting up an Iowa because the kid has crazy talent. But he puts up points while letting his opposing guard light up the gym, and he almost never does the grunt work of rebounding or creating for others.

I wished the best for JTT when he was here and I wish him the best at USC. You can oooh and aaaah every time he has a nice offensive night in a loss all you want - it's nothing new. JTT has the tools to put up 15/10/5 on any given night. When he gets his first career double-double (or even sniffs it), I'll buy that he's improving.

You take a shot at someone for not following basketball that closely, and then proceed to use double-doubles as an important measure of achievement for a shooting guard?

CJ has 0 career double-doubles. Guess he hasn't improved.

Back