• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season Opener Discussion: Liberty

You are wrong because we are going to beat them badly

Darn I really wanted Bud to play he could start his int dominance over Amerson with a good showing over Liberty.

More details on the show I missed it. Can we hear a replay of it online anywhere?

jamesda, you ever meet samantha steele? is she super christian?

Hope you are right and I am wrong
Always had a soft spot for Bud but I hope you get leveled by our posters when we roll. I cannot stand the we will suck and if we don't I'll be "pleasantly surprised" defense.

This game will be much closer than most of us want it to be. We could lose. We have no idea how good our defense is since it has been playing against a Div 3 OL all Fall. Even Liberty will stonewall our OL and we will have no running game. Hopefully, Tanner can pass enough on short routes to compensate for the lack of OL talent. Those of you who are hoping to rest the starters in the 2nd half are going to be disappointed. I hope I am wrong, but I am truly worried that we could lose this game.

Dude...this is just dumb.

Liberty will not stonewall our OL. Even if you take into account that we're playing a bunch of inexperienced players they are still D-1 caliber. Liberty has a pretty legitimate defense for an FCS team and will present a challenge, but they don't have the size and aggression to dominate our offensive line even as depleted and young as it is

Furthermore even if Liberty somehow does manage to manhandle our offensive line, they are even more inexperienced on offense than we are. They have an average FCS offensive line and then will alternate QB's (including a true freshman), have like three new receivers, and don't have their starting runningback. So even if we go with "worst case" again and say that the reason our defense has been so good is because the offensive line has been so bad, our defense will still not have a problem stopping an average FCS offense. Also we know what we're getting out of the defense. Even though Noel isn't playing we still have KJ and Kenny playing corner with AJ, Tate, and Lowe at safety. We know what to expect from our defensive line, and our linebackers have looked very good so far this year at practice.

This game should not at all be "much closer than most of us want it to be" and there is nearly no chance we lose at all. I get the LOWF that people have on here, but Wake Forest with limited injuries and inexperience on the offensive line is still going to dominate an even more inexperienced FCS offense and above average FCS defense. Period.

Pretty sure Tate is at Winston Salem State now

I agree with you Country. Tanner is the one loss we will not overcome. He has to stay healthy if we hope to make another bowl run. Our Oline will have to find a way to protect him and open up some running lanes. We will see how good our new coach really is. Thank God Grobe brought him in this year.

Yeah if Tanner gets hurt I think we're screwed. That's not meant to offend the rest of the team or the back up QB's, but Tanner is the leader of this team on offense.

I'm pretty nervous about this year, maybe just jitters before the first game though.

I think Cross could fill in well for Tanner short term and to tell the truth I think we win at Syracuse last year if we played Cross instead.

I think Bud predicted we would lose to A&T once.

If "closer than we want it to be" re: this game means 30-13, then I might agree. Losing? Only via a bizarre set of injuries/turnovers. Wake defense will not be on their heels for more than one or two plays for the duration of the game (unless we get third/fourth team in).

Back