• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season Opener Discussion: Liberty

This coming from a devoted Cock fan (in more ways than one amirite?).

Very devoted Cock fan since a lot of my money has gone there in tuition. Tigerswood, you paying tuition yet? If not you will see one day! But also a diehard SEC football fans since I grew up in SEC country. No question they are the best and it is quite fun to go to South Carolina games now [and all the UT games since the 60's] and realize SEC football is the best. Crowds, talent, cheerleaders, tailgates, traditions, etc. Has been and looks to continue.

Very devoted Cock fan since a lot of my money has gone there in tuition. Tigerswood, you paying tuition yet? If not you will see one day! But also a diehard SEC football fans since I grew up in SEC country. No question they are the best and it is quite fun to go to South Carolina games now [and all the UT games since the 60's] and realize SEC football is the best. Crowds, talent, cheerleaders, tailgates, traditions, etc. Has been and looks to continue.

Cool. Go post on the South Carolina board then.

Reff, you should stop by the family's silver spur tailgate spot this year. I think it would be fun to meet you in person.

Which teams is "we". You go to Liberty. That should be your team now actually.

That will never happen just because I go there does not mean they get my loyalty over Wake. Sure I will pull for them against anyone except Wake, but never over Wake. I use to save up my allowance and yard mowing money as a 13-15yo and buy season tickets on the hill. My family would never come with me so I had people drop me off to watch games. I set out on the hill with double ear infections and 104 fever watching us beat a highly ranked GT team and then got hit in the head at the goal post came down. I loved every minute of it.

That will never happen just because I go there does not mean they get my loyalty over Wake. Sure I will pull for them against anyone except Wake, but never over Wake. I use to save up my allowance and yard mowing money as a 13-15yo and buy season tickets on the hill. My family would never come with me so I had people drop me off to watch games. I set out on the hill with double ear infections and 104 fever watching us beat a highly ranked GT team and then got hit in the head at the goal post came down. I loved every minute of it.

Wow. You sir, are a true WF fan. Please ignore the jerks on this board and stay true to the Deacons.

I love to hear stories like that! If we had a few thousand jamesda3's we could rule the ACC.

Just like The Reff doesn't let the fact that he went to Wake get in the way to his loyalty to the refs and being a jerk!!

Well that's awesome

So I guess there's that. They seem to think they will hold our offense to a low total, I guess their defense could be good as they have a total of 15 returning starters, seems like they'll be experienced on that side of the ball.

If they get to start 15 players on defense, I could see that being a problem for us... ;)

Not that surprising when it came out how he had zero control over his team, resulting in massive academic eligibility issues and various other transfers due to his dumbassery. Yes, it's Kansas. But he was AWFUL. ETA: Add in the horribly embarrassing results on the field (one of the statistically worst defenses in collegiate HISTORY and one of the worst offenses of the year) and the $6M (I think) it took for KU to buy out the contract, and he absolutely decimated a program that was in an okay (by KU standards) place. And to do that at a time of conference expansion and uncertainty where having a decent football program is paramount? They couldn't afford to NOT fire him.

So you're saying he was the "Buzz" of Kansas...

:golfclap: :rock:

I go to Liberty, but love Wake and we are going to kill them. Liberty has a new QB, new coach, new system, and replacing a lot of good players with their first game against a good BCS team only really replacing an OL, Givens, and Wilbur. We are going to kill them.

Wait, are you an adult grad student at Liberty? Are you allowed to hold hands and watch R rated movies there? I have so many questions!

Bump. I'm a little concerned about the offensive line issues but they're breaking in a new QB and receiving corps so I think we should be fine in this one. Anyone overly worried?

Not overly worried that we will win, but the game will tell us a lot about how good we are going to be offensively. We need to score some points.

That's awesome - I remember that game well. As the game was running out, we were chanting "no more Heisman" to Joe Hamilton. I was hanging from that goal post when it came down (the statute of limitations has passed, right?). We carried it all the way back to campus and left it on the quad. Great night.

Just listened to the Turner Gill press conference. Said that his two QB's (Woodrum and Hudson) will each get two series at the start of the game to show their stuff. After that the staff will figure out who will finish the game and inevitably be the starter for the year.

Also, Aldreakis Allen, leading rusher for the Flames last year is suspended for the game.

Sirchauncey Holloway will start instead at RB. Awesome name.

He actually started 7 games last year and played in all 11 but finished third on the team in rushing yards with 294 yards and 4 TDs.

We actually offered Woodrum as I remember and he picked Liberty over Wake. Time to make that kid regret his decision.

Also, did we know that Carl Torbush and Joe Dailey (UNC QB) are both on the Liberty staff?

Woodrum is a dual-threat QB, so it will be fun to see how our defense deals with him.

To Woodrum's credit we offered him after he was already committed to Liberty and he wanted to stick to his original commitment. Pretty sure he was a backup plan that we tried to call on after our primary target went somewhere else. I have to give him credit for not flipping after he had given them his word. He did indeed have an offer though, there was an interview done on Rivals about it and I remember being somewhat embarrassed that we whiffed on a kid to a 1-AA school.

Back