• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season Ticket Arrivals?

It's all cool if I have the tickets and parking pass on the Friday before the State game.

"As we get ready to kick off the 2011 Football season, we know that you are eager to receive your 2011 Season Tickets.
Our Witness History voting process altered our usual timeline for season ticket printing this year and tightened our production schedule. In addition, an unforeseen delay occurred during the printing process; this setback affected Deacon Hill and East Side season ticket holders.
As a result your tickets will be mailed no later than Monday, August 29. We apologize for any inconvenience this delay may cause, but we are confident you will be pleased with your tickets. We received tremendous response for the "Witness History" voting, and your 2011 season tickets are going to reflect decades of Wake Forest Football history.
We can't wait to see you at BB&T Field on September 10th to watch Wake Forest take on NC State.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to call the Wake Forest Ticket Office at 888-758-3322.
Thanks, and Go Deacs!"

Stupid idea = epic FAIL :rulz:

Actually, Wake is not even going to give out tickets this year due to trying to perfect the tickets and it taking so long, therefore they're actually just going to go on the honor system. If you swear you bought a ticket, they'll let into the game.

This is really going to get in the way of half the WF fans selling their tickets to the opposing team's fans.

what on earth was "witness history" voting?? did they have a contest to see what to print on the tickets?

also, was that sent out in an email? I bought season tickets and didn't get any email with this information. they really need to get their collective acts together. :rulz:

It's just little things like this that make people find the athletics department to be misguided. They just toil over the most trivial things while missing the boat completely on changes almost everyone wants.

Interesting to learn that the Longhorn Network has no distribution yet

"As we get ready to kick off the 2011 Football season, we know that you are eager to receive your 2011 Season Tickets.
Our Witness History voting process altered our usual timeline for season ticket printing this year and tightened our production schedule. In addition, an unforeseen delay occurred during the printing process; this setback affected Deacon Hill and East Side season ticket holders.
As a result your tickets will be mailed no later than Monday, August 29. We apologize for any inconvenience this delay may cause, but we are confident you will be pleased with your tickets. We received tremendous response for the "Witness History" voting, and your 2011 season tickets are going to reflect decades of Wake Forest Football history.
We can't wait to see you at BB&T Field on September 10th to watch Wake Forest take on NC State.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to call the Wake Forest Ticket Office at 888-758-3322.
Thanks, and Go Deacs!"

Stupid idea = epic FAIL :rulz:

To whoever neg repped me asking why this was a fail, IMO this contest would have been better served to provide stories in the program instead of delaying the printing of the season tickets. I mean does anyone really care THAT much about what the tickets look like - I just want my tickets damnit!

To whoever neg repped me asking why this was a fail, IMO this contest would have been better served to provide stories in the program instead of delaying the printing of the season tickets. I mean does anyone really care THAT much about what the tickets look like - I just want my tickets damnit!

Very true, just print a WF on the ticket and most people would be happy. Don't know how many people collect tickets but I'd venture it's not a lot.

Twtter from AD's DeacOnTheRun
They're here! Season tickets are ready to go twitpic.com/6ae94x

380258241.jpg

Last edited:
I just signed the person whose address is in the picture for about 10 magazines plus mailings for the Canadian Air Force

-

Good eyes - I didn't even catch the address. That is the photo that is linked in the twitter. If people want me to remove it from the post, just let me know.

Another shining example of the ADs incompetence.

Hey Mike, did you ever think that people might not want their address broadcast to the entire internet?

Back