• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SEC expansion: Texas A&M gone?

LawHooDeac

Reaction score
Texas A&M's Rivals site is reporting that Texas A&M is leaving the Big XII for the SEC. Here go the dominoes...

VA Tech?

Rumors abounding that Va Tech is the SEC's first choice to even the numbers.

Rumors abounding that Va Tech is the SEC's first choice to even the numbers.

After strong arming the ACC with the VA legislature, I don't see that happening.

A lot of factors lead to this (Longhorn Network an obvious one), but two key ones were the Pac-12's ridiculous TV deal with ESPN and Fox and the SEC's ability to renegotiate its own TV deal before it expires. Adding a school in Texas would be a nice way to score some extra coin.

Also why Virginia Tech would make sense. Would give them a solid presence in the Dallas, Houston and DC markets

Seriously? Did we learn nothing from Boston College?

Y'all never want to be anything serious in football, do you?

Dude, piss off. The ACC targeted cuse last time. Why would they do any different?

So what's your plan should VT bolt?

@Mark_Gottfried: Hearing that Texas A&M and FSU may join SEC.That would be interesting.

It delivers a realistic 14th with quality football.

Does that matter? Shouldn't the TV sets/SEC footprint matter a whole lot more?

Really, Virginia Tech or Missouri should be the SEC's first choices. Well, besides a NC school, but that's not realistic.

I think they'd rather have VTech but that might be messier to pull off. Missouri might be a better option but it seems that FSU would be a easiest to pull off and a natural fit.

FSU scout page has something about WVU to the ACC. I don't know how old that is but say it ain't so. I hate WVU and they don't seem to fit the ACC.

FSU scout page has something about WVU to the ACC. I don't know how old that is but say it ain't so. I hate WVU and they don't seem to fit the ACC.
huggins1.jpg

WVU would be a much better choice than Syracuse.

Will the Big 12 dissolve or will they start doing their best to get teams like BYU, Boise St., and such?

Back