• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SEC expansion: Texas A&M gone?

Wow. If VT leaves, the ACC got used.

I'd let bygones be bygones and pursue UConn like there's no tomorrow.

Can see the logic there. Bit more of a potential play on UConn football though especially with Edsall gone.

Wow. If VT leaves, the ACC got used.

I'd let bygones be bygones and pursue UConn like there's no tomorrow. Pittsburgh would be a decent fit, but I couldn't imagine them leaving. For location and personal reasons, I'd want USF.
Yup.

Virginia screwed themselves. There was no reason to believe that was a good deal for them. They should have secretly lobbied to get some schools to vote against it.

What do you do though, tell the governor to stuff it?

Same thing happened with WVU, interestingly enough, regarding their football series with Marshall. Joe Manchin is also now in the US Senate.

I mean, does anyone have any faith in Swofford being able to pull off a proactive move to solidify the ACC?

What do you do though, tell the governor to stuff it?

Same thing happened with WVU, interestingly enough, regarding their football series with Marshall. Joe Manchin is also now in the US Senate.

No. I tell Gov. Warner, "Sure boss" and call up Ron and beg him to vote against VT.

No. I tell Gov. Warner, "Sure boss" and call up Ron and beg him to vote against VT.

Problem there becomes that most of the rest of the ACC likes the idea of VT being in the league, right?

If somehow WVU ended up in the league and VT stuck around, that would probably be the best rivalry in the conference.

Or it might be right up until someone drives an Abrams up to the other team's stadium.

I think the hate was overplayed in ending the rivalry, but they don't much like each other. Would be great for the league.

Agreed. There seems to be a lot of hatred on the WF boards for WV (along with a lot of noses stuck up in the air regarding WF's superior academics....but with everything all about money now, what the hell does it matter who has what kind of academics? I mean, after all, everything and everyone is for sale these days, aren't they?) From a football/basketball sports combo view, West Virginia would be a great fit for the ACC, in my opinion, as they have good teams in both sports. Particularly great if we could hang on to Va Tech. Lots of rivalries there, with UVa, VT & Maryland....and fairly close geographically to the NC schools as well....far better than BC, Miami & FSU. And WV has great fan support. I'd far rather have WV in the ACC than either BC or Miami.

What does WVU bring?

-Major TV market: Nope
-Respectable fans and alumni: Absolutely not
-Academics: Their 93% acceptance rate laughs at you
-Good sports: No OB appearances ever and basketball doesn't drive revenue

...yeah I'll pass on WV

I find it rather comical that WF fans have such a holier-than-thou attitude about academics, when at the same time they are trying to recruit a bunch of basketball players who have no intention whatsoever of staying in school long enough to graduate.

This continues to be complete and utter bullshit. Your hindsight is of course 20-20. The only player we've brought in that has had no inklings of graduating has been James Johnson. I know AFA and he wanted to graduate, but his stock rose and he left early. Teague was a four year player from the beginning and his stock blew up during his sophomore year so he left. Tabb and Woods just screwed up as other players do year in and year out at other schools.

You are completely and totally wrong on this matter and continue to post on things you know nothing about. Also you haven't watched Wake sports since Tacy was fired so you really know nothing about it. Don't talk about shit you don't understand or know about because you look like an idiot.

Every time this subject has come up, I have said that I think WV would be a great fit for the ACC....and every time I get blasted for saying it. I find it rather comical that WF fans have such a holier-than-thou attitude about academics, when at the same time they are trying to recruit a bunch of basketball players who have no intention whatsoever of staying in school long enough to graduate. As I said, sports has come to be all about mega-bucks these days....so I think that WF fans should get off their high horse of thumbing their noses at other schools about academics....or either start practicing what we are preaching.

I'm not looking for another Ivy. I mean NCSU academics are not that good but WVU would probably be the worst in the entire ACC. To me it is more about the whole package in general and something about WVU puts a bad taste in my mouth.

National University Rankings from US News

FSU and State are the worst two in the ACC right now. West Virginia is atrocious.

What would you like to add to the ACC? Another $54K/year legacy-kid, snob school with obnoxious alumni like yourself?

Syracuse or Pitt.

If you hate your own alma mater so much why even bother posting on here? Also considering what other schools I got into on my own accord I figure I'd have easily gotten into Wake on my own, thanks for the judgment though.

It's not 54k a year to go here either

Back