• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Second Debate Thread

I flew home last night, so didn't get to watch the debate (outside of the first 5 minutes). But i read this, so I think I am up to speed: =http://waitbutwhy.com/2016/10/second-presidential-debate.html

Audience Question: I’m a Muslim. How can you help me not be hatecrimed?

Trump: Being hatecrimed is a shame. But we have a problem. Which is that you’re not telling us when the other Muslims are gonna kill us. In San Bernardino, there were Muslims that killed us and you didn’t tell us about them. If you had told us about them, we could have stopped it. I don’t think you ever told us about Orlando either, or 9/11 for that matter. I know that because if you had told us about 9/11, I’m pretty sure you’d be famous, and famous people don’t go to town hall meetings.

That got me. (I'm reading the lines in Alec Baldwin and Kate McKinnon's voices, btw.)

Donald Trump threatens to lock up Hillary Clinton

And yet, to Mr Trump himself, and to many of his fans, it would have merely sounded like a reprise of the chant—“Lock her up”—that is popular at his rallies. That echo is telling: his ambition seemed to be to shore up his base rather than to extend it. Had the latter been his goal, he might, for example, have been conciliatory towards a Muslim questioner rather than patronising her, or thought of something to say about African-Americans that didn’t involve crime and poverty. Unlike Mrs Clinton, he made no effort personally to engage with audience members. Mostly he hammered at his main themes: Islamic State (IS), which he mentioned repeatedly, and his supposed plans to close tax loopholes exploited by tycoons such as him, while “bigly” using his beautiful knowledge of the tax code to help the middle class. (In fact his ruinous proposals would favour the rich enormously.)

14556783_1164387960266787_571057772907420690_o.png

I seriously don't think he has any idea how long he actually talks for. I'm not saying he blacks out, but when he gets up there and wings it with no prep, it makes it incredibly difficult to have any idea how long he has been speaking, or how much time he has left. That's not just Trump, that is anyone. Meanwhile, if you have practiced your responses, particularly your 2 minute responses, then you know exactly where you should be at 30 second/60 second intervals. He brags about not preparing, then complains when his lack of prep burns him. It's debate 101, but he skipped that class because he's just so brilliant.

not sure the conclusion I draw from the debate is "men think equality = oppression". Might want to select a slightly thinner brush next time, Lindy West (whoever the hell that is).

not sure the conclusion I draw from the debate is "men think equality = oppression". Might want to select a slightly thinner brush next time, Lindy West (whoever the hell that is).

Did you hear Trump complain about how unfair it was that the moderators weren't letting him talk as much as Clinton? His entire schtick is that he's being "oppressed" - marginalized, silenced, slandered, mocked, etc. - by the mainstream media.

The tweet gets at a larger meme currently floating around the progressive interwebs. Trump's incessant whining was a pretty good case in point, IMO.

Everything I'm hearing is Trump won, and it isn't close. You sound like those delusional Trump supporters who seriously thought he won the first one. Face it, your beloved Clinton lost to Donald J Trump in a debate. She looked rattled. Poor thing.
Yeah, your boy Pence "won" his debate too, and see how that much that helped out "He and I haven't spoken, and I disagree". That's a real good look.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

I get that Trump is more popular than Truck Nuts with the Mountain Dew crowd, but that's not going to win a presidential election. It's not all bad though, you'll still have racist kids on twitter and Kid Rock music to soothe your butthurt.

I get that Trump is more popular than Truck Nuts with the Mountain Dew crowd, but that's not going to win a presidential election. It's not all bad though, you'll still have racist kids on twitter and Kid Rock music to soothe your butthurt.

I like when you let out your true feelings about Trump supporters. It's an incredibly simplistic, stereotypical view, but that's fine. The thing is, when I needle Clinton supporters about something like having low testosterone, that's all it is. But you truly feel this way about Trump supporters don't you?

I like when you let out your true feelings about Trump supporters. It's an incredibly simplistic, stereotypical view, but that's fine. The thing is, when I needle Clinton supporters about something like having low testosterone, that's all it is. But you truly feel this way about Trump supporters don't you?
That post is a blank slate, I can't help whatever negative associations you have with those products. I am confident that a self report study would find a strong correlation between their use and support for Donald Trump.

I love how u like to make hateful statements about the lower class white populations in America, while u work a shitty retail job, are poor as fuck, and have amounted to nothing.

I love how u like to make hateful statements about the lower class white populations in America, while u work a shitty retail job, are poor as fuck, and have amounted to nothing.
Never too poor to be smart, never too rich to be dumb.

Back