• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Second Debate Thread

Oh no doubt Trumps supporters are all in and then some, he has a hardcore base thats not going anywhere. The problem is it won't even come close to winning him the election. Its how many will perceive that he won the debate hands down. He did his normal stuff that he does at all the rallies, which for the people that he needs, like woman voters it does nothing but repel. That base will however do nicely as a viewing audience for his alt right news network thats sure to come.

Thanks
1. Agnostic
2. Yes
3. Friends, family, reddit, twitter, other media outlets, etc.
4. As of today 45% but I expect it to go up in the coming days
5. No. I've never seen a race like this and Trump is a wild card. A lot can happen. Wikileaks just released thousands more of Podesta's emails.

Are you happy with the republican party? Would you consider yourself more libertarian? What exactly do you like about Trump's immigration policy and trade policy?

There was a book written in the 50s titled When Prophecy Fails about a doomsday ufo cult. When things didn't go as they expected, instead of turning on their leader, many of them became even MORE fervent in their belief in her.

Yeah, I know. I've watched the current Presidency unfold.

Are you happy with the republican party? Would you consider yourself more libertarian? What exactly do you like about Trump's immigration policy and trade policy?

He's whatever the opposite of a libertarian is.

Lifelong Democrat, I like libertarians on a number of issues but their devotion to open borders and support for trade agreements like NAFTA and the TPP make it difficult to support them. If they would be realistic on those two issues I'd probably support them. Thankfully, there seems to be a bit of split developing among libertarians when it comes to these issues. Simply put, I like that we're gonna have an immigration policy that benefits the American people instead of harming them. Have posted a lot on immigration and trade in other threads and don't want to spend time reposting a lot of that stuff. I am not opposed to all immigration- but I want it much more limited.

Lifelong Democrat, I like libertarians on a number of issues but their devotion to open borders and support for trade agreements like NAFTA and the TPP make it difficult to support them. If they would be realistic on those two issues I'd probably support them. Thankfully, there seems to be a bit of split developing among libertarians when it comes to these issues. Simply put, I like that we're gonna have an immigration policy that benefits the American people instead of harming them. Have posted a lot on immigration and trade in other threads and don't want to spend time reposting a lot of that stuff. I am not opposed to all immigration- but I want it much more limited.

Why are those 2 issues the most important issues facing America? I personally would not have picked either.

Why are those 2 issues the most important issues facing America? I personally would not have picked either.

There are other important issues as well. But these two issues have contributed significantly to a decline in the quality of life for many Americans.

There are other important issues as well. But these two issues have contributed significantly to a decline in the quality of life for many Americans.

Immigration has? And nafta had minimal effect. China's growth has much more of one

because you're so passionate about it, and because I can't think of why it has impacted me, can you please let me know how these things have personally affected you?

There was a book written in the 50s titled When Prophecy Fails about a doomsday ufo cult. When things didn't go as they expected, instead of turning on their leader, many of them became even MORE fervent in their belief in her.

Really though, the more important take-away for American politics from the Festinger study you quote is that of social proof - the greater the number of people who find any idea correct, the more a given individual will perceive the idea to be correct.

People who think immigration is bad don't realize Asian girls don't age. Compared to a quick search of my rural hs all white Facebook friends. Woof

People who think immigration is bad don't realize Asian girls don't age. Compared to a quick search of my rural hs all white Facebook friends. Woof

Are you sure all your Asian girls are really Asian girls?

Immigration has? And nafta had minimal effect. China's growth has much more of one

People hate seeing me post the same stuff over and over. Recent NAS study says wages have been reduced 5.2% due to immigration- that equates to $500 billion. In terms of welfare for immigrants and their dependents, the costs might be as high as $300 billion. Most population growth in the US is happening because of immigration. I think this is ultimately a bad thing- in terms of the impact on the environment and other quality of life issues.

Bullshit. When they hit a wall they really hit a wall. Go from cute to monstrous in like a year.

People hate seeing me post the same stuff over and over. Recent NAS study says wages have been reduced 5.2% due to immigration- that equates to $500 billion. In terms of welfare for immigrants and their dependents, the costs might be as high as $300 billion. Most population growth in the US is happening because of immigration. I think this is ultimately a bad thing- in terms of the impact on the environment and other quality of life issues.

that's unskilled labor. Overall wages rose. I read that shit beeyotch

14556783_1164387960266787_571057772907420690_o.png

Back