• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Second Dem Saturday debate, going up against the NFL and opening weekend of Star Wars

honesty is an overrated quality of presidential candidates. Its a game of dirty pool out there. The overly honest candidate will just get run over by the powerbrokers. See Shrub for instance.

I want my President to be honest, but not too honest.

Said nobody whose party is about to nominate an honest candidate. It's insane to me that people are apologizing for her character. If you like her politics, just said that.

Politicians lie all the time about their positions. What we try to do is figure out what they really believe. For example, when Hillary says no boots on the ground in Syria/Iraq we all know she means it. When she says ISIS will be destroyed, probably not. When Rubio says he will increase defense he is telling the truth. When he says he is against amnesty, maybe not.

1213-web-HOLAN-600.png

With brown being false and blue being true, which bar represents Hillary?
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/13/o...p=pay&smvar=mapage&ad-keywords=SocialRem&_r=0

I do think that Polifact leans left in their perception of honesty, but not that much. Carson and Trump are utterly FOS.

Said nobody whose party is about to nominate an honest candidate. It's insane to me that people are apologizing for her character. If you like her politics, just said that.

Maybe I have become more cynical. Bill Clinton certainly wasn't the most honest person, but I thought he was a damn good president in most part due to his pragmatism.

Maybe I have become more cynical. Bill Clinton certainly wasn't the most honest person, but I thought he was a damn good president in most part due to his pragmatism.

When was the last time Hillary posted something in the unpopular opinions thread (of political life)?

When was the last time Hillary posted something in the unpopular opinions thread (of political life)?

Well, the left thinks she is a right wing corporatist and the right thinks she is a massive liberal. Must be doing something right.

Ive enjoyed seeing Pubs criticize Hilary for pandering. This crop of GOP candidates is the very definition of pandering, and to the LCD base. Fear mongering about immigrants and ISIS and guns and saying nothing of substance.

It's literally a contest to see who can say "PC" and "war on Christmas" the fastest.

i like carcetti ok

he's a bad candidate but a decent pol

Let's start with the part that is the most controversial. A few months ago I told the American people I did not trade arms for hostages. My heart and my best intentions still tell me that's true, but the facts and the evidence tell me it is not. As the Tower board reported, what began as a strategic opening to Iran deteriorated, in its implementation, into trading arms for hostages. This runs counter to my own beliefs, to administration policy, and to the original strategy we had in mind. There are reasons why it happened, but no excuses. It was a mistake.

honesty!

Back