• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Secret Chipotle Test Location in NYC

What a ridiculous 2000 word love letter to a fast food restaurant. I wonder how much Chipotle paid him to write that.

in DC we have the first location (and soon to be 2nd) of their new Southeast Asian concept, Shophouse. It's right by my office so I go a couple of times a month. they have rice and noodle bowls or you can do banh mi's with your choice of meat, veg, condiments, and sauces. they are a little less generous than Chipotle, like you can only do 1 veg and they'll charge you for a 2nd unless you ask for half and half. but everything is cooked in house like with this Chipotle and I've seen Nate Appleman and Stephen Ells in there a few times. I like it a lot and think it'll do well when they roll it out nationwide.

also, the Chipotle at Dulles Airport is supposedly the only one that offers breakfast, but I've never been to it.

in DC we have the first location (and soon to be 2nd) of their new Southeast Asian concept, Shophouse. It's right by my office so I go a couple of times a month. they have rice and noodle bowls or you can do banh mi's with your choice of meat, veg, condiments, and sauces. they are a little less generous than Chipotle, like you can only do 1 veg and they'll charge you for a 2nd unless you ask for half and half. but everything is cooked in house like with this Chipotle and I've seen Nate Appleman and Stephen Ells in there a few times. I like it a lot and think it'll do well when they roll it out nationwide.

also, the Chipotle at Dulles Airport is supposedly the only one that offers breakfast, but I've never been to it.

The Asian place sounds good - can't wait for that to roll out to more locations.

As to the breakfast burrito, it appears as though it is no more (to this guy's horror):
http://www.dictailgate.com/wordpress/2012/01/29/chipotle-breakfast-is-over/

I've been there before but did not know it was a test kitchen. I could have sworn that Asian Chipotle jam was in NYC too, but maybe not.

nope just in Dupont in DC. second one will be in Gtown. there are probably Asian places that model themselves after Chipotle in NYC, but this one is officially part of the company.

Not directly on topic, but Chipotle is the most overrated chain out there. It's good, but not any better than Moe's despite being more expensive.

Not directly on topic, but Chipotle is the most overrated chain out there. It's good, but not any better than Moe's despite being more expensive.

I agree that Chipotle is overrated, but it is heads and shoulders above Moe's.

we've had this debate a billion times before, but Moe's is by far the worst of the burrito chains. cheddar cheese and crappy canned salsa? gtfo.

we've had this debate a billion times before, but Moe's is by far the worst of the burrito chains. cheddar cheese and crappy canned salsa? gtfo.

Nothing truer has ever been said on this board.

I don't work too far from the Asian spot. I'll have to walk up and try it some day for lunch. Meant to go when it first opened but just never made it and then promptly forgot.

This might be the most incorrect response I have ever seen in my entire life. I am very sad right now

Edit to say I can't tell you what to like, I'm just in extreme disagreement

Back