• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Seeking Sponsors for WFU-Hosted Band Competition

WakeBDer

Broderick Hicks
Reaction score
First, thanks to tsy and the other Mods for allowing me to post this here.

The Spirit of the Old Gold and Black (the Wake Forest Marching Band) is hosting a regional high school marching band contest at BB&T Field on Saturday, October 29th. We have 17 bands scheduled and are expecting between 8,000 and 10,000 attendees. The bands are from South Carolina, North Carolina, and Virginia (bands attending are linked here).

I am responsible for assembling the program for the event and collecting advertisements that are to be printed in the program and read aloud during the contest.

If you (or your business) is interested in placing an ad, please PM me with an email address and I will forward you all of the information. To give you an idea about pricing, a full page ad is only $100 and there are many sizes available. 100% of the ad revenue goes to SOTOGAB for instruments, travel expenses, scholarships, etc.

Your support is greatly appreciated.

Additionally, we're still seeking some volunteers for the event. If you're a band nerd (like me) this could be a fun way to get involved without having to deal with valve grease, drum sticks, or reeds.

Questions or concerns? PM me please.
Thanks everyone!

To give you an idea about pricing, a full page ad is only $100 and there are many sizes available. 100% of the ad revenue goes to SOTOGAB for instruments, travel expenses, scholarships, etc.

Glad to see the SOTOGAB doing this. The band is always in need of additional funding, so hopefully there is a good turnout.

Ugh... Pulaski? Screw those guys.

I don't have anything else to add.

Don't we have a football game that day against our biggest rival? Are you telling me our band will be at home with some high school students instead of being at the biggest football game of the season? Surely I am mistaken.

Don't we have a football game that day against our biggest rival? Are you telling me our band will be at home with some high school students instead of being at the biggest football game of the season? Surely I am mistaken.

lol, you're a clown

Trolls gonna troll. Keeper I'll be happy to take that discussion to PM if you like.

Do it publicly. I'm not trolling. Is the band not going to be in Chapel Hill? Say it is not so!

We will do whatever the Athletic Department tells us to do.

P.S. You are trolling. This is what you do. We get it.

Can you imagine Clemson getting ready to play South Carolina and the Tiger band doesn't know if they are making the trip? There has to be something we don't understand. I don't think our band has ever missed that game. My money is on the band being in Chapel Hill. Surely the band will be there. Surely.

Can you imagine Clemson getting ready to play South Carolina and the Tiger band doesn't know if they are making the trip? There has to be something we don't understand. I don't think our band has ever missed that game. My money is on the band being in Chapel Hill. Surely the band will be there. Surely.

Thank you for your input. You're welcome to share it with your employer. It certainly will be more helpful than sharing it here.

Thank you for your input. You're welcome to share it with your employer. It certainly will be more helpful than sharing it here.

I am my own employer. That doesn't help.

Keeper does raise a valid point, why is the band holding an event like this the same day we play unc?

Keeper does raise a valid point, why is the band holding an event like this the same day we play unc?

Without having ANY idea about the specifics of ANY band activity at Wake, a couple reasons Maryland runs into is budgets and seat allotments. Plus dealing with the opposing bands and coordinating everything. Ever since I started school in 05 the band did one away trip and the bowl game (which was sometimes a smaller pep band due to $$$$ of going to places like Boise and San Fran)

Back