• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Senate changes filibuster FINALLY

Exactly. The IRS problems, Benghazi, ACA, Snowden, etc.....these are all because the House of Representatives keep getting in Obamas way.

Except when it goes well. That's all Barry, all the time. Cue the SitRoom photo team...

Meanwhile, FDR liberated occupied Europe in less time than the current Administration has had to get a website off the ground (which still hasn't happened).

Last edited:
Republicans have filibustered Obama nominees to head posts within the executive branch.

I have no idea. The fact that we don't know is the probably being resolved.

I have no idea. The fact that we don't know is the probably being resolved.

Good to know. It should be smooth sailing from here on out then. The dawn of Pax Obama has finally arrived.

ETA: Put me down as someone who believed that the fits and starts of his policies are not the results of him being an unintelligent man and it isn't John Boehner's fault either. I think he had a lot of the hallmarks of an effective President, but I think he was a bit short on executive experience. He would have made a very capable President had he run after two decades in Washington, instead of two years.

Last edited:
Not if they can't make it through the Senate filibuster.

Somehow I think Bill Clinton and Ronald Regan would have figured it out. Again, leaders lead and and others find excuses.

Remind me again how the Dems had a meeting on Inauguration Day on how to destroy Reagan's presidency as their #1 objective. Or how Pubs did the same when Clinton won.

Oh yeah, they didn't.

Remind me how Dem Members of Congress and a major news channel said Reagan wasn't legitimately POTUS and was a Muslim and worse. Or when the Pubs did the sae to Clinton.

Oh yeah, it didn't happen.

Remind me again when Reagan or Clinton put forth judges that both sides were eminently qualified got filibustered? Oh yeah it didn't happen.

There's never been an organized plan to destroy a presidency like what McConnell and his cohorts have done.

Somehow I think Bill Clinton and Ronald Regan would have figured it out. Again, leaders lead and and others find excuses.

That's bullshit and you know it. Leaders can't lead people who only want to sabotage the lead.

That's bullshit and you know it. Leaders can't lead people who only want to sabotage the lead.

It's not bullshit. President Obama has proven for 6 years that he doesn't much like doing the things it takes to deal with a hostile congress (like Clinton did). If anything, he has emboldened the Republicans. He doesn't like being a politician...can't say that I blame him. Joe Manchin was on Morning Joe a few weeks ago and basically said that He and Obama almost never talk. That is insane. President Obama certainly had enough capital to drag the Republicans along with him but he wasted it away. Now he has nearly 0 capital and to blame that all on Republicans is not what a leader does. Do you think he would have won election if he said "I will bring hope and change to the nation....only if someone can convince the Republicans"? A leader sets a vision, wins the debate and if people stand in the way he makes them pay the price so they will not stand in his way again.

Remind me again how the Dems had a meeting on Inauguration Day on how to destroy Reagan's presidency as their #1 objective. Or how Pubs did the same when Clinton won.

Oh yeah, they didn't.

Remind me how Dem Members of Congress and a major news channel said Reagan wasn't legitimately POTUS and was a Muslim and worse. Or when the Pubs did the sae to Clinton.

Oh yeah, it didn't happen.

Remind me again when Reagan or Clinton put forth judges that both sides were eminently qualified got filibustered? Oh yeah it didn't happen.

There's never been an organized plan to destroy a presidency like what McConnell and his cohorts have done.

U.S. Senate. Established January 2009. Please make a note.

Which is why he led the Senate to change filibuster rules so there is a price to pay for obstruction.

There were "Impeach Clinton" bumper stickers before he even took the oath of office.

Humor me. What did Clinton lead?

Humor me. What did Clinton lead?

Arkansas, first.

In hindsight, do you believe that Obama had sufficient executive experience before 2008? Do you think its absence might be showing, now? Nobody is saying he isn't intelligent, but his meteoric rise makes Icarus look like he paid his dues.

Last edited:
Back