• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

please stop
yeahhh tapatalk got acquired a few months ago apparently and is becoming more hostile to our needs/price points (without paying a lot more per year to support it)..

I think I may just disable the integration altogether at some point soon here, I know we have a lot of people who use it, but it's not what it used to be from our endpoint

are y'all complaining about it because you post from tapa or see it on some other peoples posts that haven't cleared it properly?

i haven't used tapa since we migrated to new software but I had a feeling stuff would start getting worse at some point after they sold

Did anyone else just start getting emails "via tapatalk" every time someone quotes your post on these boards?

Did anyone else just start getting emails "via tapatalk" every time someone quotes your post on these boards?
Yep I've heard from a few posters this started happening to, they must have flipped all notifications on for boards by default or something in a recent update.. fwiw it's nothing we control and I think a totally different set of preferences vs notification options on the software here.

It happened to me as well. Must have been triggered by an update. I went into the Tapatalk settings and turned off notifications and things are fine.

I clicked on the bottom of one of the e-mail notifications, at the bottom there's a link to "Manage Your Email Settings". From there I just deselected everything, hopefully this works. I wasn't able to modify anything via the TT app itself.

Yeah I found a screen, but all my options were greyed out. Will try the e-mail thing-thanks

When did Tapatalk become so terrible? In the last month I’m getting pop up ads that open Amazon, ads with sound, and pop up ads with 5-second timers before they can be closed. This is awful.

it also heats your phone up to the temperature of lava

When did Tapatalk become so terrible? In the last month I’m getting pop up ads that open Amazon, ads with sound, and pop up ads with 5-second timers before they can be closed. This is awful.
I believe they changed ownership sometime last year. So someone is trying to squeeze as much money as possible out of the user base before some other alternative comes along.

Ever since @cookoutdeac rolled out the new board format I've just been using mobile safari to access the board. It works great.

I believe they changed ownership sometime last year. So someone is trying to squeeze as much money as possible out of the user base before some other alternative comes along.

Ever since @cookoutdeac rolled out the new board format I've just been using mobile safari to access the board. It works great.
Yeah, I think they sold or were acquired and the current owner is really squeezing out what they can.

If this keeps up I will probably drop the integration altogether because I don't really love that it does the pop-up driving users towards it when loading the boards in other contexts/browsers. That wasn't a problem when it was clearly a better mobile experience, but it's becoming somewhat predatory as an app and honestly probably harvesting a lot more data as the ship goes down too than I think I'm comfortable with (and the ads/ad delivery has just gotten really poor vs being somewhat subtle when first introduced). They REALLY wanted me to just move the entirety of the boards to the tapa platform at one point, which is I think another way they're trying to make money.

I can’t access any of the formatting bar buttons, but it’s great otherwise.

Back