• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Serial (podcast)

The best part is the reference to Adnan's attorney. I'm convinced her screeching voice lost the case by itself.

The best part is the reference to Adnan's attorney. I'm convinced her screeching voice lost the case by itself.

that, and the first 'adnan' quote i thought was one that was plucked from the actual show. they really nailed all of the speech patterns/etc.

agreed! i didn't understand that approach at all. PIT ATTORNEYS: is that a thing? the crazy sing-song slow yelling?

Christina's court room demeanor was absurd. All her best punches didn't land because people were probably trying to drown her out. She was awful.

That being said, Adnan for sure did it. He has just sounded guilty to me the whole time. There is no way he wouldn't remember what happened that day. They did too many unique things that day for it be just another day. He sounds like a guy who has just about talked himself into thinking he didn't do it but can't quite commit to it.

I'm finishing the series now. The evidence sure is weak and I don't think I would vote to convict, but I have one big problem. What's Jay's motive to lie about his story.

Just watched the SNL bit - it was fantastic. I love the end about "Mail Kimp."

I'm finishing the series now. The evidence sure is weak and I don't think I would vote to convict, but I have one big problem. What's Jay's motive to lie about his story.

Jay was definitely involved. The best solution that I can think of is that the police massaged his story/confession to fit the case that they were building against Adnan, so his facts don't always line up. Remember the three hour unrecorded pre-interview session in the interrogation room?

A friend of mine pointed out something very interesting:

We agreed that Jenn was definitely in on it, but he thinks Adnan is completely innocent -- that Jay and Jenn did it. He says that the body must have been buried the next day, during the ice storm. That makes some sense, and it would explain why the grave was only about six inches deep -- they couldn't dig through the frozen ground. This would also explain why it was only Jay and Jenn hiding the shovels and clothes "later that day".

SK (and the police) really didn't talk enough about Jenn. She is the only person to show up to interrogation with a lawyer, she is the only person other than Jay to admit a part in the whole conspiracy (cleaning and hiding shovels, getting rid of clothes, etc.).

I forget, did they ever talk to Stephanie? Jay's gf and adnan's friend?

Back