• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Serial (podcast)

Poor Mr. S just trying to drink some road brews and flash a little dong and he's all tied up in a murder case

I had always leaned towards Adnan being guilty but this week basically locked it up for me. He asked for a plea deal twice. That doesn't seem to correspond whatsoever with his righteous indignation throughout all of this, and I don't see the relevance of his comments after about the system because he wouldn't have had those thoughts when he asked originally.

I don't think he was guilty beyond a reasonable doubt at trial, so should have been acquitted, but I think it's about 98% he did it at this point. The question is whether Jay had a more active role.

You can't just be giving your prosecution witnesses free lawyers.

The court where that bail hearing (and maybe others) is like next door to my work. I grab lunch from the food trucks outside on a semi-regular basis.

I know nothing about law. But seemed shady, Gutierrez went off on a judge, got a mistrial and then essentially got paid twice to retry the case. Is that accurate or would she not get paid for the second court case?

Just listened to the first 9 episodes in the last 24 hours, I am beyond hooked. At this point I agree that Adnan probably did it, but not within the prosecution's timeline. Jay was also definitely involved.

Since we basically didn't learn anything this week. And next week is the last ep. I think, as assumed above, it's going to be a pretty unsatisfactory ending.

Yeah, I am preparing myself to be very disappointed in the resolution of the series. Lots of strings out there that she apparently is not going to follow up on.

think people need to readjust their expectations if they thought a 3 month podcast about a convicted murderer would end up in a satisfactory way. Dude is in jail and the only way he will get out will take time and will be the result of the innocence project and/or his attorneys.

We just have to be comfortable that countless folks, including Adnan, are in jail on less-than-airtight evidence, and that our justice system is deeply flawed. That jurors and judges constantly make mistakes. That the police often focus on getting a conviction, rather than finding out the real story. This story just highlights all those problems.

I think we should suggest the UNC cheating scandal as the next story.

Back