• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SHAKA! SHAKA! SHAKA! - LET'S BE POSITIVE. WE'RE STILL ALIVE!

I think it's a long shot but goddamn I hope we throw every dime we can muster at him. He's the guy--with Howland (who I'd be thrilled with) and the mid-majors (who are a mixed bag) miles behind.

#SHAKAIN

How would be able to get SHAKA? He got an 8-year contract extension in 2011 according to some things I read online.

How would be able to get SHAKA? He got an 8-year contract extension in 2011 according to some things I read online.

The buy out is what matters not the length of the contract. His buy out is $500,000 and two games against VCU.

We paid a 500,000 buyout for Bz. I think we could scrape it together for Shaka.

Wake never had any contact with Stevens. That is urban legend. Some folks have interest, some don't. He had no interest and signed his extension. Oregon offered 3 million a year and he declined to meet with them.

Sorry that should read $600,000 for Shaka's buy out. It decreases to $500,000 next year. But same difference, that's not what will prevent him from coming here.

Wouldn't his career be boosted by coming to the ACC and playing against UNC, DUKE, etc..? You would think he would especially want a shot at Coach K after recent comments.

Wouldn't his career be boosted by coming to the ACC and playing against UNC, DUKE, etc..? You would think he would especially want a shot at Coach K after recent comments.

There are lots of good reasons for Shaka to come here. There are also good arguments for him to stay put until whatever it is he is waiting for opens up.

I just want Wellman to make him a serious offer, if he declines it so be it.

We can get Shaka or Marshall. There is no way if the deal is right that neither take a pass on an ACC gig in the super conference era.

If Shaka would legitimately consider coming here I'd give the Deacon Club my debit card and pin number to help pay for it.

Offer up 3.5 a year maybe Paul would put forth some bank lol.

SHAKA! SHAKA! SHAKA!

Shaka would absolutely listen to the right offer (and I do have a source) but I highly doubt we are willing to make him the right offer. 2.5mill+

Back