• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shaka to Texas

Smidge

Reaction score
Will Smart turn Texas into a powerhouse?
Texas has the money and the recruits.

1525443_10155418661220440_53730099026316163_n.jpg

This is good news as far as I'm concerned. Rather him go to Texas than an ACC team.

Don't mess with Texas...the dude who hates schmoozing with fans and alums will now be eating BBQ three times a week until the season starts

They were so welcoming to their other revenue sport coach, why not go there?

Wound up at a small private school, just as predicted.

dude's following the Billy D model. It's sma- intelligent.

It was all about the money.

And the problem with that is? And what was wrong with him staying at VCU until he landed a really big job, rather than making 2 jumps from mid-major to high major to big time program?

And the problem with that is? And what was wrong with him staying at VCU until he landed a really big job, rather than making 2 jumps from mid-major to high major to big time program?

He didn't suggest that there was a problem with it.

Capel put them back on the map but Shaka took them to the next level. I think he may be slightly overrated but the guy can flat out coach.

it will be interesting to see how he handles the transition from recruiting/coaching mid major talent to high major. i think he'll do well but there may be some growing pains.

Fuck Shaka and Texas. I still think Archie Miller would've been a great hire. He is going to kill it at state one day.

Unfortunately, agree that when cow college trades up from Gottfired to Archie it will take that program to another level.

Back