• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shaka to Texas

Wednesday night in my restaurant after I told them that he was gone: No college local says that, although he likes Shaka, he only won with Capel's players.

VCU grad who says he's followed them since '69 (and thinks that Smart will stay to build the program) says it wasn't Capel, it was that other guy, Coach Brown.

I said, "Anthony Grant." He said, "that's him, Coach Grant." Then he proceeded to tell me how Shaka was the only coach other than Kazooski that had won 26 games for the last 6 years.

VCU fans. Clownshoes.

That totally encapsulates it.

Any truth to the rumor that Maya Angelou has been hired by UT as part of this deal?

More disappointed to read tnat Shaka's buyout was only 500k. Wellman is such a fucking pussy.

The vcu board is awesome right now! Lol such donks!!!!

Did he just walk away from the boards or did something happen to him? I know the guy got a lot of shit on here, and sometimes deservedly but I hope he is ok.

I'm more concerned about 94deac and his struggles with "the sugar"

rj walked away after an "extremely personal" insult that not one person on this or any other board would ever believe was true.

ELC called him a tranny?

Good thing Texas doesn't have high expectations. They only fired a guy that had 400 wins, a final 4 and a job offer at another major before he was actually fired.
Remind everyone not to put you on the BOT

Reactions: ONW
I know that he's now posting on TOB. And as usual, almost every time he posts it seems like an argument of some kind starts.

That's not possible. All of the Usual Suspects post here, not on the Scout forum.

I know that he's now posting on TOB. And as usual, almost every time he posts it seems like an argument of some kind starts.

Well he does start almost every post with "You're wrong1!1!1!" I do miss that fucker tho. He's the kind of poster that made things interesting.

Don't go RJ. Don't go.

More disappointed to read tnat Shaka's buyout was only 500k. Wellman is such a fucking pussy.

Hey If Shaka didn't want to come, who could blame him. He can put TX in tourney as a 8 seed or better next year. Here we'd still be looking at NIT next year.

Yep. Wellman has steadily made the job less attractive.

Looks like VCU's AD would like to hire a HC that will continue with the havoc style tradition or employ something very similar.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12614093/shaka-smart-introduced-new-texas-longhorns-coach-college-basketball

220px-Jeff_Bzdelik_2013.jpg

Back