• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shaka to Wake? It may be happening

Not that I've studied the entire scandal, but I thought it was about kids who really didn't the athletic creds to be on teams vs. the alleged VT recruiting issue. Kind of sloppy reporting. VT recruit ineligible for questionable ACT score, before this scandal broke. Buzz knows a guy arrested, therefore it all must be related. CBB has Addias and the shoe companies doing their dirty work.

I thought it was a bit strange too. But then again sometimes it starts like this.

I just don't think the two things are related. I'm sure they didn't hold back on arrests so that part of the link to VT is probably not there.

There are also allegations of faking learning disabilities to have friendly proctors help with standardized testing.

There are also allegations of faking learning disabilities to have friendly proctors help with standardized testing.

This is a very common loophole pursued by many helicopter parents for their non-athlete kids

You left off the important qualifier. He said it is ludicrous to speculate about Shaka leaving "during the season"

He actually said "middle of the season"....dude doesn't understand time or the meaning of the word "middle"

Not that I've studied the entire scandal, but I thought it was about kids who really didn't the athletic creds to be on teams vs. the alleged VT recruiting issue. Kind of sloppy reporting. VT recruit ineligible for questionable ACT score, before this scandal broke. Buzz knows a guy arrested, therefore it all must be related. CBB has Addias and the shoe companies doing their dirty work.

Scandal involved multiple forms of cheating. Someone else taking SAT/ACT. Proctors fixing answers on the tests. These are more easily done if test taker has "learning disability" and is given more time in a separate room with the proctor on the take. These were in addition to the fake athlete stuff. Real athletes may have been involved in the test shenanigans. Hence the concern with the Vatech situation.

I'd be concerned about all of that, but not because of the admissions scandal.

Can't we just make a trade? Manning for Shaka. Sounds good to me.

That’s basically what I’ve seen saying. We hire Shaka and then we and UT split Manning’s buyout if it’s 8 figures.

That’s basically what I’ve seen saying. We hire Shaka and then we and UT split Manning’s buyout if it’s 8 figures.

Why would Shaka agree to that? His contract with Texas is guaranteed through ‘22-‘23. From what I’ve read, Texas would owe him $16M if they fire him. Why would he leave of his own accord?

Because Wake would hire him on a 5 year contract and increase his salary.

If he doesn’t want to coach, then he doesn’t take that deal. He could just take the buyout and get a TV job.

Wake would probably not increase his salary, and UT would probably still pay him some portion of his buyout. Pastner to GT is the most comparable situation. Pastner got ten percent of his buyout and took a million dollar per year pay cut.

Why would Shaka take that kind of deal?

Back